Chapter 18: Give us a chance, Pink

It was late at night. The train was moving at a fast speed. Everyone was asleep as I and Liam meandered through the coaches. He was walking and I was limping. We were discussing our favourite books and his preferred writers and genres.

I was amazed to know that Liam was an avid reader.

"How are you feeling now?" He asked changing the course of conversation.

"I am sneezing less than I was but I can't say the same about my ankle."

Sebastian and Samantha quite literally shoved down the tablets down my throat. I guess those tablets did their work.

"Do you want to go back and lie down?" He said coming to a halt.

"No, I don't feel like sleeping and what we are doing isn't called walking!" I said as we strolled at a relatively slow pace.

"I have a proposal for you." Liam said.

"I am listening."

"I am a part of a foundation. Our foundation provides funds to organize  camps in rural, underdeveloped areas and explain the locals about the need of hygiene, awareness about mental health, sex education."

"Wow! That's fantastic." I said with astonishment clear in my voice.

"Our team mainly consists of doctors.I was wondering, if you would like to be the part of the team."

As I was going to reply, we heard hushed voices of Paige and Aarav. Liam asked me to be quiet.

"I understand the loss of a loved one. I understand the need to feel belonged. Robert and I never had anyone growing up. Out of all the people, you should have know, I would understand your pain." Paige said with pain and anger evident in her voice.

I could hear her sobbing and was tempted to go and comfort her but the fact that I wasn't supposed to stand here and eavesdrop stopped me.

Aarav embraced her in a hug as she sobbed.

They were having a private moment which we weren't supposed witness. My curiosity was taking over morals.

Aarav said in a small voice,"I am so sorry. All I ask is for a chance."

He continued further in a voice filled with pain and helplessness."Give us a chance, Pink."

I tired real hard not to snort at his word of endearment for her.

Paige was brought back to reality when he spoke.

"You ask for a chance? I have been waiting for you since the day you left. As soon as you told me about your grandfather's death I asked, I begged you to take me along with you. I came behind you to New Zealand. You didn't let me in. I stayed for six months there, waiting for you look at me. You wanted to mourn and handle the situation alone." She cried and violently wiped her tears.

She continued,"You wanted space. I gave you that. I have waited for so long. For you, I had put my life on hold. What did you do in return? You shunned my presence, told me to leave you. You went as further as to say that..."

Before she could continue further, in a faint voice I heard Aarav's voice.

"I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder."