Chapter 6: A Charming Comedian

All of us boarded the train. Apparently, Paige was a friend of Sebastian. She had been going out with them for years now.

Once we all got settled, Sebastian discussed our plan with everyone. We were going to Delhi from here and will be spending a night there and the next day we will catch take a train to Jalpaiguri and after reaching there we will go by car to Gangtok.

That was a long way to go when we could have reached far more easily by flight but I didn't voice out my opinions.

Sebastian seemed to be a person with whom you can easily hold a conversation except when it comes to talking with me.

There were seven of us; Samantha,Sebastian, Paige, Robert, Aarav,Liam and me.
We all got to know each other pretty soon.

Everyone was having a great time while I was enjoying the passing scenery, observing everyone and trying to keep up with the conversation.

"Doctor." I answered when Robert asked my profession, he was trying to get my attention but fell into silence as Paige started to speak.

"Let's play a game, I want each one of you to share your memory associated with colour pink."

I let out a frustrated groan. Somebody needs to shut her up. She had introduced herself to other passengers as well and even asked them their favourite colour. She would pout when someone would say a colour other than pink and some didn't bother to respond.

"Paige." I said forcefully and continued
"Why don't we play something else?"

She let out a disappointed sigh but agreed.

Samantha suggested,"Why don't we ask Catherine to tell us what she feels about each one of us?Since all of us know each other but she is new."

"Huh? No" I said.

Surprisingly, everyone except Sebastian was interested to know my opinions and perceptions about them.

"I hardly know you all."

"That's the fun part of the game." Samantha replied.

After much convincing I unwilling agreed but only on the condition that I will assign a word that I feel will match their personality.

I started with Samantha.

"Exuberant"

Samantha was satisfied after listening my reply.

Robert seemed too keen to know what I thought about him. I had know him for few hours, what was I supposed to say about him.

"Over friendly." I muttered but no one heard me thankfully ; so I covered up and said, "Friendly"

Next was Aarav, he was involved in his laptop and spoke when required.

"Cute nerd." I said

They all laughed at my reply but agreed nevertheless.

Liam had a great sense of humor. So, I said "A charming comedian."

"I knew you were going to be my favourite." Liam replied with a wink.

"It's my turn now." Said an enthusiastic Paige.

"Loquacious Barbie Doll"

Everyone let out a laugh.

"Sebastian is...." I was cut off by the devil himself. He said,"This is meaningless and I don't care about what she thinks about me." He said arrogantly.

Samantha and Paige cut him off and urged me to continue.

"I was going to say you are nice but actually you are a very rude person who does not know how to speak with someone. I have known you for almost a week now and instead of trying to be polite and humble; you have just been insolent with me. I don't know the reason for your behaviour but I know I don't deserve it. If you can't talk to me then don't but treat me with respect. I don't take crap from anyone and I certainly won't take it from you."