Chapter 8: You are scared

A loud whistle from the engine indicated a approaching station. We were both quiet and lost in our thoughts. I didn't understand what I was supposed to say. It was awkward to say the least.

"I guess, I will go to sleep" I said.

He shrugged. I took that as a clue to leave. The moment I turned to leave. He said,
"Wait"

I turned around and looked at him expectantly and waiting for him to reply. He looked confused and struggled for a reply, at the end he said,"Stay"

It felt like for eternity I was standing there and doing nothing in particular except for staring out in the dark sky. At any moment of time; staring out in the oblivion is my favourite thing to do but not at this moment.

Our awkwardness came to an end when the train came to a halt at a station.

"Come on, let's explore the station." He said.

I immediately disagreed.

"It's 3'0 clock. It's not safe to get down at a unknown station at this ungodly hour." I said stating the obvious.

"Exactly, which means we won't be able to experience something like this again." He said convincingly.

I was about to give in when the rational side in me forbidded me to do something stupid.

"This station is in the forest." I said in a small voice. My voice clearly indicating my fear.

He said with a smug look on his face,
"You are scared."

And he had pressed the button. To prove him wrong I did what he wanted me to do in the first place. I did get off the train to explore the station.

Somebody would think at 3, the station in a forest would be deserted but it was the complete opposite.

In the station stood a large group of tribal people. They were singing a folk song and some of them were dancing to their tunes.

Sebastian immediately removed his camera and started shooting. It was such a beautiful scene. We were surrounded by trees and large mountains in the background of the station and the melodious tune of the people singing was the perfect addition to the surrounding.

Only a single shop was open.

We both started walking towards that shop to have sip of tea. Sebastian ordered for two cups of tea and we both sat on a bench sipping on our hot beverage.

"Did you see a tiger? Sebastian asked mockingly.

I pretended not to hear him.

"I take the silence as an answer that you did not see a tiger." He said.

"Aren't you smart? And don't you think you are becoming a little chatty?What happened to your brooding self?"

He smiled at that, I continued,
"Paige is rubbing on you."

"Maybe you are rubbing on me." He replied with a wink.

"I tend to have that effect on people."I said with a laugh.

It is in that moment I realised that our train had slowly started departing the station. I shouted in loud voice,"Train"

Everybody started looking at us but I wasn't embarrassed; that was the last thing on mind.

Sebastian asked me to start running and board the train and he went to pay the tea vendor.

I started running but the train was slowly gaining momentum and my lack of exercise was not helping my case.

With all the energy I could muster; I ran and boarded the train. I stood at the door waiting for Sebastian to catch up.

I saw him running and I was asking him to hurry up but it was too late. The train had now started moving with a great speed. I couldn't see Sebastian anywhere. I didn't know if he was left behind or he had boarded the train.

So I did the most reasonable thing I could think at that moment, I started crying and shouting for help and ran towards my berth.

My wailing and shouting for help woke everyone along with my group. Everyone started looking for their luggage thinking that some robbery has taken place.

Paige and Samantha immediately came to my side. They hugged me and told me to calm down; with my consistent hiccups it was difficult to understand a word I was trying to convey.

Few moments later, I explained to them; everything that had happened. All of my friends started to panic. Liam tried calling Sebastian.

It was a long station I could see we were just above to cross it.

I pushed everyone aside and pulled the emergency chain. Everyone started at me in shock.

Within a few moments the train came to a halt with jerk.