36: The Consequences of Hiding

Royce had a crush on Nathan for as long as he can remember.

Nathan was his only guy friend and that too a hot one, it would be weird not to have a crush on him. However, Royce never let his feelings get in the way of their friendship or cloud his judgement. Somehow saving their bond had always been his better priority. It was simple, he put their friendship first and his personal feelings second.

Not that he was good at expressing himself anyway. It was either he explodes, resulting in a big mess or he swallows everything, showing nothing at all. He does prefer to hide them under the shade rather than confessing.

After their fall out, Royce figured they had no chance of being friends ever again, let alone hoping for something more and something different. He dared not to, feared his own emotions, and the fact that he was capable of feeling such things were quite scary in itself.

But now having faced so many obstacles, they were together once again and a foolish part of him can't help but want Nathan in that way too. In all kinds of ways.

Royce wasn't the type to secretly pray for things. He let them happen, adjusting himself to the flow but his thoughts only consisted of one guy these days and he doesn't know how to stop or what to do with them.

Plus he doubts Nathan had any sort of liking towards him. Not in a romantic way, at least.

Royce wasn't sure about anything to be precise and he'd never risk their friendship. Not after everything they've already been through. Until then he would keep hiding his feelings for as long as he can.