Chapter Twenty-One: Go Pirates!

Ok here is chapter twenty-one. I hope you guys enjoy it. I'm going to try and make the next chapter a long one. But I hope you guys like this one :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The crisp cold air blew threw my hair making it look like waves on the sea shore. The sound pounding against the bleechers from the feet of the eager fans ready for the game to start. Who wouldn't. Adairville Pirates are the best football team for miles all because of my brother Ashton. Ever since he started playing football five years ago they've been undefeated.

When Ashton asked me to come watch him, I was eager myself, but after what happened with Jerrod I was kind of if-y about coming. I knew he would be here. I shake my head getting my thoughts back in order, and focused my thoughts on Ashton. He asked me to come here and watch him play football, and that's exactly what I'm going to do. 

"Is this seat taken?" Someone asked, tapping my shoulder. I look over at my new visiter to find AJ with two drinks and two hotdogs. Like it was right on cue my stomach started to grumble. "Well it looks like I came just in time."

AJ took the seat next to me and handed me one of the hotdogs. 

"Did you know I was going to be here?" I questioned, receiving the hotdog from him. 

"No I didn't know," he smiled, setting the coaster of drinks down in between us. "I ordered all this to feed my bottomless pit of a stomach."

"Oh," I said, looking down at the hotdog he had just given me.

"Hey, I'm kidding," he stated, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I saw you from up there." A blow horn sounded behind us, and caused me to jump. I quickly look over to AJ, and he was trying his hardest not to smile. Everything that's happened lately has me on edge, and I don't see why. 

"Go ahead. Laugh," I sighed, looking out at the feild with a smile on my own face. AJ's hand started shaking, and caused my shoulder to shake so I turn my attention back to him. I swear if you didn't know he was laughing, you would have thought he was crying. Tears were already pouring out of his eyes from laughing so hard.

This carried on for at least five minutes. It wasn't that funny was it? Hey he's a guy, I thought. I look around the rest of the bleechers to find Jill when my phone starts vibrating in my pocket. I pull it out and Jill's name along with a picture of her and Damion showed up on the screen.

"Hey where are you?" I answered, pulling the phone up to my ear.

"I'm not going to be able to make it," she said. "My um tire is low on air and I don't want to drive through town with it low like that." It sounded like someone was telling her to say all of that. Somethings wrong, and then I heard her whisper Damions name, hoping I wouldn't hear.

"Your with Damion aren't you?" I asked, looking over the bleechers once more and over the field. Ashton threw passes to a few of his team mates while others stretched.

"Yes I am, please don't hate me," she cried, begging from the other side of the phone. "When I found out I was going with Damion, I called AJ and asked him to meet you there." I look over at AJ who was looking right back at me with a huge grin, and it only made me laugh in return.

"It's fine, Jill," I claimed, turning my attention back to the field. "Go have fun with Damion." With a quick thank you and saying our goodbye, Jill hung up the phone.

"So," AJ said interrupting the sience. "I'm curious. When's your next blind date?"

"I quit the bet with Jill, which canceled the blind dates," I sighed, shaking the images of Raoul and Jerrod out of my head. "I believe I am going to start dressing like I used to."

"Well that's a good thing I guess," he smiled, taking a bit out of his hotdog. "Do you like dressing like that?" He gestured to my skinny jeans, my thick baby blue cotton shirt, and fuzzy jacket.

"That is gross," I exclaimed, throwing a hand over my eyes. "Don't talk with your mouth full." A few seconds later, AJ cleared his throat and removed my hand from my eyes.

"Better?" He asked, sticking his tongue out at me.

"Yes, lots," I laughed, looking down at my uneaten hotdog. "I really don't like dressing like this. I hate it actually. I mean some things I like, but others I don't."

"Dress in what makes you comfortabe," he stated, looking out over the field. "You should be yourself and no one else. So what if you wear baggy clothes. That's you. It's what makes you, you."

A smile slowly spread across my face, and I could feel my face slowly turn every shade of red possible. The score board buzzed went off causing everyone in the bleechers to roar to life again. Time for the game to start, I thought. I peak out of the corner of my right eye and AJ was standing cheering, just like the others, for their football team. This is going to be a great game.

~*~*~

"I believe that was the best game we played this year," Ashton yelled to the sky, which caused his team mates to yell with him. You would think being in the center of a large group of guys was the best thing ever, but never stand in the middle while they are yelling. They can get pretty loud. 

The score was forty-two to twenty. I believe it was a great game.

"You ready to go?" I asked, after he was finished hoalering at the sky. "Jill didn't come so I need a ride home, and AJ disappeared on me." Where is he anyway? I pull my phone out and send him a short message telling him to meet me at my house I had to tell him something really important.

"Yeah, I guess," he sighed, throwing his arm over my shoulder. "Hey so when are you and AJ going to start talking?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking up at him as we walked to his car.

"When are you guys going to start talking as in dating wise?" He questioned, staring straight ahead. "I see how you look at him. I believe he'll be the right guy for you."

"He doesn't feel that way about me, Ashton," I stated, moving his arm so I could walk to the passenger door of his door.

"Mag's, he talks about you all the time," he smiled, climbing in the car. I stood frozen for a couple of seconds and Ashton honked the horn at me. I quickly climb in the car and stare straight ahead. AJ talks about me? Since when did this happen.

Ashton started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. He came to a complete stop at the stop sign and looked at me.

"Are you ok?" He asked, waving a hand in front of my face.

"I'm fine," I said, looking over at him. He laughed, and headed home. "I just never thought that he would talk about me to you guys. My brothers." Just as we passed under a green light I look over at Ashton, and all I could see were bright lights. 

Pain surged through my body. Until everything went dark.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bright lights? What happened? AJ talks about Maggie to her brothers? How long has this been going on? 

Find out in the next chapter!