Chapter Seventeen: Brothers to the Rescue

Cover to the right made by mutiaraelwa

Ok, so here is chapter seventeen. Kind of got an early update :D YAY!!!  Hope you guys like it :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The floor was coming closer and closer, but I couldn’t do anything about it. There wasn’t anything I could grab a hold of without it falling on top of me. My life is going to be a laughing stock because I fell off the top of a chair. Those things were actually unstable if you really look at it. I closed my eyes and hoped for the best.

I hit the floor, but it wasn’t as hard as I thought it was. I peak open my right eye to see arms wrapped around me. Someone caught me? I open the other one and people were gathering all around me and my savior.

“Magdilyn, are you alright?” Someone whispered in my ear. I stiffened after the words slipped from his mouth. I quickly gather myself and push my body off of him. I dust the imaginary dirt off of me, and fixed my oversized sweater.

Mr. Oswalt pushed through the crowd of students and placed his hands on my shoulders.

“Are you ok?” He asked, looking me over to make sure nothing was broken.

“Yes, I’m fine, Mr. O,” I sighed, and looked over my shoulder at my savior still lying on the floor holding his head.

“Mrs. Jones, I want you to help Mr. Ferguson to the nurse,” he said, moving his hands from my shoulders.

“But, but,” I stuttered, looking around the room.

“No buts about it,” Mr. Oswalt proclaimed, looking at me and then to Raoul. I took a deep breath and let it out, as I turned towards Raoul.

“Come on,” I muttered, and walked towards the door.

“Magdilyn,” Mr. Oswalt stopped me. I turn around and he gestures towards Raoul.

“I hope you don’t expect me to carry him all the way down there,” I voiced, looking down at Raoul. “Do you see how big he is?” When he didn’t say anything I stomped over to Raoul and yanked him off the ground. Why couldn’t he walk to the nurse by himself? He wasn’t helpless.

 Half way down the hall, I look over at Raoul and find all the things I used to like about him. His chocolate brown eyes, dark hair, and those lips when they curve into a smirk. Wait, I thought He’s smirking at me. I quickly look away, feeling the heat rise to my face.

“You know if you take a picture it will last longer,” he chuckled, kicking a piece of paper.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I lied, looking everywhere, but at him.

“Sure you don’t,” he said, pushing his hands in his pockets. “So, how have you been?”

“Don’t,” I uttered, stopping and turning towards him.

“Don’t what?” He asked, reaching up and grabbed a strand of my hair, placing it behind my ear.

“Don’t act like everything is alright and back to normal,” I professed, slapping his hand away.

“But I want it to be,” he said, grabbing my hand and tried to pull me closer.

“You cheated on me,” I voiced, yanking my hand out of his. “How can things go back to normal after that?” He stood there and then took a step closer. Before I realized what he was doing, he took another step, and placed his lips on mine. We were in sync as we stood there in the middle of the hallway.