Chapter Seven: Dance With Me

This is not the edited version

Cover to the right was made by NeverShoutLucas :D

"Get up!" Jill yelled, kicking the side of my bed. When I didn't budge, I thought she was going to do it again, but I was wrong. Jill had decided to jump on top of my back and start tickling me.

"O...Ok. Ok," I said in between laughs. Jill fell over beside me on my bed and waited for me to move. "Why do I have to get up? It's Saturday, and I can at least sleep in."

"No, you can't," she claimed, rolling off my bed to her feet. "Your birthday party is in nine hours."

"Yeah, nine hours," I torted, sticking my head under my pillow. "So go away and let me sleep." Ill reached over my bed and grabbed my pillow. The next thing I knew, Jill was hitting me in the head with it.

"Ok, I'm up. I'm up," I screamed, trying my best to cover my head with my hands. "Why do I need to be up this early?"

"I told you," she claimed, throwing my pillow back down on my bed. "Your birthday party is in nine hours."

"Ok, your point is?" I asked, looking up, but she was nowhere to be found.

"The point is, you need to go find a dress," she stated, walking out of my closet throwing clothes at me. "Now get dressed so we can go shopping. You need to be the best looking one there." I rose off my bed, grabbing my clothes in the process, and went to the bathroom. After I changed, I threw my dirty clothes in the laundry basket and went back to my room.

"I don't have the money to buy a dress," I proclaimed, propping up against the door frame.

"Don't worry about it," she said, walking towards me. "I'm buying. Just think of it as a birthday present."

"Ok, whatever you say," I uttered, walking down the stairs.

~~~~~~

"Jill this is pointless," I cried, looking through a rack of dresses. "We've been here for two hours, and been to this store three times already. Just because we leave and come back doesn't mean a new dress will pop up out of nowhere."

" You don't know that," she smiled, picking up a baby blue strapless dress.

"Why don't you buy that one for yourself?" I asked, leaning up against the wall. "You've picked it up at least thirty times already, maybe more."

"I don't know," she muttered, holding the dress up against her chest. "Do you think Christian will like it?" I just rolled my eyes and placed my hands on her shoulders.

"He may be your boyfriend, but this is your body," I clarified, looking her straight in the eyes. "Do what you want with it."

"Ok," she said, letting the dress drape over her forearm. "Have you found a dress you like yet?"

"No," I divulged, crossing my arms over my chest. I was very picky about my clothes period. I was modest, but not too modest. Dresses these days showed a lot of cleavage, and I didn't want guys staring down when they should be looking me in the face. I look through the glass window at the people walking by and quickly grabbed Jill's arm.

"What?" She asked, looking out the window. There it was, the dress I was going to wear tonight.

"That," I pointed to the store directly across from the one we were in. "That's what I want."

"Well let me go pay for this, and then take a closer look at it before you start getting your hopes up," she claimed, looping her arm through mine. After she paid for her dress, we carefully walked through the crowd of people dodging a couple of kids along the way. I would hate to work or be here on a Black Friday, I thought.