Chapter 2

All chapters are unedited. I will edit them after completing this story.

Next morning when Manya woke up, she found Achilles beside her, stroking her hairs.  She smiled at her brother. “Good morning.”

“Good morning Manny,” he smiled back. He grabbed photo frame from her hand and gently placed it back on table. “In my quest for power I have unknowingly taken away someone precious from your life.  I am sorry,” there was guilt and pain in his voice.

“Achilles, that was not your mistake, it was his decision. I didn’t blame you for that,” she retorted.

“If you didn’t blame me for it, then why are you distant from me now?” he grasped her hands between his hands. “I know there is something you are trying to hide from us,” he asked. Manya caught a glimpse of hurt in his eyes.

“Achilles, I am not hiding anything. Why would I even hide anything from my family?” she argued.

“And I am not distant from you. It’s just you are the alpha now. Your hands are always full with packs problems. So I try not to disturb you with my blabbering or silly college problems,” She tried to sound genuine.

 “Honey I am still your Brother, and your blabbering don’t disturb me, instead it assured me that you are fine” he sighed. He knows her well if she intended to conceal something then it would be impossible to get it out from her. He had to found it with some other way. “If you are saying that there is nothing worth telling me then I am going to believe you,” he stroked her cheeks. “Now get up, I will drop you to your college today.”

“You don’t have to do that,” she argued.

“But I want to,” he ended argument with his alpha tone.

After getting ready and having breakfast, they left in Achilles car. Manya knows that his brother had sensed something yesterday that’s why he was being so adamant for dropping her to college. During their drive they realized that both of them were wearing black shirt, they start arguing on who copied the other and ends up laughing together.

Brutus and his minions from pack were standing in parking lot planning a new prank. But as soon as they sense Achilles presence inside car with Manya, they panicked. Achilles sensed their panic and decided to confront them.

“I will go from here,” Manya tried to stop him but he silence her with his glare. When they approach the group, every pack member bowed in front of Achilles. Achilles greeted them with a nod. “Manya go to your class,” he said to manya and with that Manya left. She didn’t want to witness havoc, if something went wrong between them.

“Everything ok boys?” he inquired.

“Yes alpha”, they replied in unison.

“Are you sure?” he cocked his eyebrows.

“Yeah,” Brutus replied this time.

“Then why all of you have elevated heartbeats?” he was straight to the point. Beating about the bush was never his style.

“We were just shocked when we spot you here,” Brutus replied while trying to keep his heart beat normal.

“Why your whole group is standing out. Didn’t you all have class or something?” he further questioned.

“We were waiting for – umm….,” Brutus was searching for a name when one of his minions added “Brandon.”

“Yes we were waiting for Brandon,” Brutus tried to assure Achilles.

“Since when Brandon had joined you,” Achilles was not satisfied with answer, his wolf can still sense their panic.

“Since the start of this semester,” Brutus smiled. At the same time Brandon smell hit them and all turned back. “Hi Brandon,” Brutus greeted Brandon. Brandon had also detected tension in atmosphere so he decided to play along with them. “Hi ” He replied and then added “Good morning alpha.”