Chapter 4

At the seashore:-

Victor was ready for his quest. He vigilantly examined the beach for human’s presence. When he found none, he quickly stripped out of his clothes and packed them in a waterproof bag along with his gun. He was well aware of the fact that his gun won’t be much effective against those obnoxious witches as some of them could easily change the trajectory of bullets thus he was carrying his personal favorite Grenades. He didn’t know whether three would be enough but there were no more at the safe house so he has to work with that only. He was relying too much on his luck this time. He counted odds against him and sighed. After shaking his head to clear his mind, he gazed toward moon and whispered  “Don’t let me die today.”

He started to concentrate on his inner wolf, his body start shivering. His canines come out first followed by claws, then his bone start to reshuffle briskly and his fur started sprouting. He balanced himself on all four and in a blink, there was a huge brown wolf standing proudly in place of Victor. He picked his bag in mouth and moved toward water. He started swimming toward light house, ducking inside water time to time, to avoid flash of light gyrating around Light house. On reaching light house he moved behind large rocks and shifted back. Shifting dried him quickly and he dressed up right away. He then tug in his gun in the back and covered it with his leather jacket, finally strapped the grenades inside his waist bag.

He cautiously listened to the sound coming out of light house. He was able to make three distinct snoring coming from ground floor, one snoring and a girl’s sobbing coming from window at the top other than sound coming from splashing of waves against rocks. Wind was flowing in opposite direction so he was unable to confirm how many among them were witch by sniffing. Only scent lingering outside was that of witch he followed in the morning. The gate of light house was ajar, a thought crossed his mind that either they were too confident or too stupid, or someone was still out. He screened his surrounding once again but didn’t find sign of anyone there. He then worked on his plan in his mind. He was well acquainted with the fact that it would be easy to knock out the three witches or humans or whatever they were, sleeping in the ground floor by gun, but if by any chance the one left in the top turned out to be a witch also, then gunshots would definitely awoke that witch, he or she would surely won’t like his grand entry and an annoyed witch won’t be good for his health. So he decided to sneak in. He glanced inside through the door and then he entered light house noiselessly like a ghost and hide himself behind large drums of petrol kept there. Once inside he was able to sniff there smell and found that all three down there were humans. “Piece of cake,” he murmured inside his head.

But his happiness was short lived because as soon as he turned his head to examine the rest of room, he caught a whiff of signature decaying smell coming from stairs, different from the one he had smelled in the morning, that implied that one at the top was definitely a witch. He decided to neutralize the risk of witch above first by knocking or killing whatever suited the situation most and then he can easily tackle these feeble humans. So he started moving up stairs cautiously while trying to blend screeching sound of stairs with splashing sound of waves. He sighed in relaxation when he reached the top of stairs. He noticed a small room just few steps ahead. He peek inside through half open gate and found that the door was half blocked with a wooden bed, where the stinking witch was sleeping peacefully and few empty bottles lying on the bed and the floor.

When he looked ahead he spotted a girl sitting on the floor bound to shackles attached to walls. Her eyes were closed but tears were trailing down from them, she was beaten pretty badly. He swiftly moved toward her and closed her mouth before she could even register his presence to prevent her from shouting. He lowered down the glass piece and signed her to be quiet. When she nodded in agreement and he released his mouth.  His eyes caught glimpse fear in her teary eyes and he moved his fingers across her cheeks wiping away the tears. He noticed her hands were badly bruised and even bleeding around shackle on her wrist and in that instant he forgot about the witch sleeping behind and he at once took shackles in his hands and start opening them, his knuckles turned white due to amount of the force he was using. When he removed the first one he silently lowered it on the floor and then moved on to second one. But this time when he removed this one, girl tossed the shackle away. The shackle fell down with a thud sound waking the witch in the process.