Chapter 1

Manya was staring at the blank page of her notebook. She was unable to concentrate on her assignment, her mind was drifting toward her life’s mess. Like always reality of her life was haunting her. Same questions keep on repeating in her mind. What has she done to deserve such a misfortune?  Why can’t she have a normal life like other? When girls of her age were worrying about their dresses, boyfriends, party or grades, she was living a dual life. One phase exist at home which was flawless, she was loved, cared and praised. The other phase exists at college, where everyone hates her and tries to make her life hell. She was not a coward, but it really become difficult for one to fight when everyone you know, was against you.

Manya’s life was not always like this. She was once a very happy and cheerful kid. Her mother Athena Evans used to tell her stories about how she was their long awaited wish granted by goddess. She believed this at that time. But her world was turned upside down after the arena fight held on her father Leonardo Evans (Alpha of Inferno pack at that time) retirement. As per tradition Leonardo had organized Arena to single out next Alpha of the pack. 10 fighters had nominated themselves for title. For the first time in history of pack, alpha’s son was not fighting for title. Leonardo’s son Achilles was only 16 year old then and was new to shifting, as werewolf basically undergoes their first shift on their sixteenth birthday. In the eye of the council of elders, he was too young and inexperienced to fight for title with his competitors who were around 22-26 year old, thus they prohibited him to fight. But Achilles somehow persuaded them to allow him to join the arena with others.

Prior to fight majority of pack members had assumed that, the title would finally pass to any other family in the pack. The alpha title had been in Evans family like forever.  No one had ever won against their family in arena since their migration from moon Rock Island. Everyone was batting on August cook, chief fighter of the pack for winning title. But the way Achilles fight in arena was spectacular. He was invincible. He has the element of surprise, no one in arena have much information about his fighting tactics. However he has grown up while watching them fight, so he was well aware of their flaws and strength. He fought with strategy and most important fact he fought without fear, fear of death.  Everyone was watching his jet black wolf fighting more skillfully than his opponents with shock. When he was the last wolf standing in arena, whole pack was stunned. Two fighter August cook and Drako Woods lost their life in fight, they prefer death over surrender. Rest 8 fighters surrendered to Achilles.

After fight many of August admirers created the rumor that Alpha family had somehow cheated. Due to lack of any rational explanation rumor eventually dies. But this little spark had planted the seed of doubt in heart of families of August and Drako. August younger brother Brutus was of Manya’s age then, and watching his brother getting ripped apart by Achilles in arena, has made his life mission’s to avenge his brother death. He was a firm believer that a 16 year old boy, in no way was capable to defeat his brother unless he cheated somehow. He didn’t have the guts to fight Achilles directly at that time, so he made Manya his target. He was an amazing football player, thus with added grace of his good looks he became popular among pack and school as he grow up. Every teen in pack or their college want to be in his good grace. He uses his popularity to turn his fans against Manya. He even get himself enroll in Manya’s college to continue his errand of making Manya’s life hell. He had bullied Manya in every possible way, from taunting to hitting. He had played every single prank he found on her. He wanted her to feel the loneliness and emptiness, he had faced after his brother death. He was living to make her life full of misery.

Manya had never complained about any of this to her family. She knows that telling about bullying will eventually reveal the fact that, still some pack members believe that his brother had cheated in arena. When her brother initially had came across that rumor he was devastated and broken. He had recovered in six months last time. She didn’t want to witness that again.