Chapter 15: Broken Promises

Começar do início

"I will talk to her. Thanks for your efforts and being the good sister-in-law."

"Oh please. Anytime," she replied and I gave her a small smile. She smiled back then we continued talking mostly about her career. She was similar to Kyra in many ways.

After about half an hour we were home. Nick and Monica had insisted that we all came since they were cooking and wanted everyone to try their food. We couldn't say no to that because they rocked in terms of cooking. They rocked in everything.

When we arrived, the chauffeur dropped us by the entrance then went on to park the car in the garage. The luggage would be handled by the staff.

We made our way into the house and from my peripheral vision I could see Kylie looking at me begging me to give her my attention.

My thoughts were interrupted by Monica who came squeezing me into a tight hug her face beaming with joy. She was so crazy full of energy and I loved it. She went on to Kyle mentioning something about his hair then to Kylie wishing her a happy belated birthday then to Lisa babbling about some awesome shoot of hers.

Layton was still outside looking at some flowers. He was more of a nature person. Nick came with some apron on like his sister and greeted us all the Nick style; loud, vivacious and energetic.

It was good being together but we were incomplete. The person I had come all the way for was nowhere to be seen. I ached to see her. I wanted to see her so bad.

Layton finally came as Nick was busy bugging Kylie about her lashes. If only he knew all the stress she was going through.

"Hi, Layton," Monica squealed waving energetically at him. He frowned.

"Just some wave? I was expecting more," he complained and that pout almost came out. Family thing.

"Should I hug you then?" Monica asked arching an eyebrow.

"Boring," he groaned.

"Kiss kiss?" Monica offered.

"Yes yes," he babbled a smile brightening his features.

Monica dramatically scurried towards him pucking her lips. She was very capable of kissing him and he was more than capable of kissing back. They nearly kissed but the show was interrupted.

"Cough cough," Nick interrupted snaking his hand around Layton's neck and dragging him to the kitchen as Layton chuckled. Nick was very protective over Monica and it was amazing. I loved their relationship.

We made it to the kitchen and that's when we saw Kyra. My wife. She had an apron on while she chopped some onions. Her eyes were watery and she looked different from the last time I had seen her.

Kyra had lost some weight. Her skin looked pale and she looked like she had just been through a rough phase in her life. I didn't know how to react. Everyone just looked at her looking as confused as I was.

Kyra looked up at us and wiped her watery eyes when she saw her. A small smile formed on her cute pink lips.

"Hey everyone," she greeted softly wiping her hands with a paper towel then she disposed it in a bin.

"Gosh. Kyra, what happened to you?" Layton asked moving towards Kyra. She seemed to flinch and faked a watery smile.

"N-nothing. The onions made my eyes w-water," she replied nervously.

"You know I'm talking about your weight. Have you been ill? You look smaller than usual," he asked worry lacing his face but Kyra looked totally nervous.

It was as if all the questions and being given all the attention was suffocating her.

"Oh come on you suckers. Don't bombard Kyra with questions. According to the doctor aka my brother who I am very proud of by the way, our Kyra needs some rest and not to be stressed out, so from now on no questions will be directed to her. Ask me first then I'll see if she's fit to answer a psychotic question. Right, Kyra?" Monica babbled gently squeezing Kyra's shoulders.