Chapter 83: Strength And Resilience

Kyra's POV

Doing yoga and exercising as often as I could had become my personal escape from the world to help relieve the stress that built up in my system everyday and to get some sort of distraction from my extremely busy and stressful life.

This particular Sunday had been one of the days when I worked out the most and spent more time in the gym at home. I needed to distract myself from the disturbing fact that it was officially three weeks without the man my heart desired. Three good weeks of him being confined to a hospital bed without moving and they didn't even know when he'd wake up. Heck, they didn't even know if he'd ever wake up.

I just had to keep on going and holding on to the little strength and faith within me. I had to listen to the little voice in my heart, whispered softly that everything was going to be okay. I had no idea what it was, but something was holding me together and pushing me to keep on fighting for both my love and I.

I was disturbed by Christian knocking on the glass door of the gym room. I stopped exercising then I grabbed a purple towel and wiped away the beads of sweat on my face.

"Come in, Chris," I called out, sitting on the bench close to the opened windows, taking deep breaths. Christian opened the door and he proceeded in, holding some files in his hands.

"Good morning, ma'am. We received these files from Miss Kylie. She said she'll be here to see you in an hour or so," he informed me, handing the files over to me. I took the files and scanned through them as Christian explained the information they contained.

"Those are all the men that facilitate communication between Trevor Martins and Kevin Morgan. Without them, there wouldn't be any form of communication between the two since Mr. Martins is at the major disadvantage of being behind bars."

I hummed in response, appreciating how organised everything was. They were copies, but they contained efficient information. Each file contained a picture of the person, their background, location and contact number. A contract stating the terms and conditions of the job specific to each man had also been attached to each file.

It had already been confirmed from the information contained on the flash drive that Trevor was definitely the other member of the conspiracy against Jayden and I. The audios and videos proved their relationship. Trevor had been the one to approach Kevin to help him execute his plans. Trevor was the mastermind and more of the boss who gave the instructions from prison. Kevin executed the plans from outside.

It seemed Kevin had had his own plan in motion before Trevor approached him and suggested they work together. That was something I was yet to figure out because that explained his obsession with me.

Julius and I had had a meeting with our lawyer and the detective. He had confirmed that the information and witnesses we had so far were powerful enough to open a case we were most likely to win without taking too much time. I just wanted everything to be ready and organised to have this case closed without too many problems.

"This is brilliant. We don't even have to do any sort of research. Call the detective and let him do his job. I'm sure he knows what to do," I said, handing the files back to him.

"Some of these men are already in police custody on charges related to the cases of Miss Natasha Moreno and Miss Monica Calleiro. The rest shouldn't be difficult to catch and turn into the police."

"Good. Give me feedback once everything is done. We should wrap this up before this week ends." I sighed and stood up, stretching my arms.

"There is a package for you that came in this morning. It was delivered anonymously at the gate, but we already know who sent it. The man who has been stalking Mr. Montero before and after his accident is the culprit. He's yet to be caught."