Chapter 7: Prince Charming Or Bipolar Beast?

Kyra's POV

I monotonously browsed through the magazine I was holding as I was buried in a fluffy bean bag.

How did I get to be so unlucky?

I had a die hard for billionaire for a husband who I was currently on our honeymoon with yet it seemed like it was just some ordinary boring period with me, myself and I.

I tossed the magazine away after I came across an article about babies and motherhood stuff. It was like a hard slap in the face. My husband didn't even want to look at me or touch me.

How on earth would I ever get that joy of motherhood that I yearned for when I was trapped in this loveless marriage for one gruesomely painful year?

I lazily got up and slipped into my fluffy slippers. I dragged myself to the window and looked outside and the sight just made my heart sink way much more.

North Island, Seychelles.

That one island that was part of my dream destinations. It was the perfect honeymoon destination but only for true lovers not arranged couples like Jayden and I.

We had settled into our villa three days ago after a painfully long flight. I never handled jet lag easily even in my younger days and this flight was no exception.

The villa boasted five thousand square feet of space, including a plunge pool, dining pavilion, outdoor deck and golf car to get around the property. It was so big that you'd spend days without meeting anyone else.

I longed to go out exploring all the fun this island held and confirm all the nitty grittys I had Googled.

I wanted to forget all the demons of both my past and present for this period of time and allow myself to have some fun. Well, someone was washing all my dreams down the drain.

From the moment we boarded the private jet up until now, my oh-so-busy husband was buried in his work. It was more of a business trip than a honeymoon, one where the entire world revolved around him and I was completely invisible.

What a bipolar psycho!

I thought there was some improvement and we were finally sailing in the same boat when Nick and Monica spent the day with us but it seemed everything was just an act to him.

One moment he was laughing and talking to me and the next he was cold and treated me like an invisible woman. I'd appreciate it if at all he considered me a woman. He obviously viewed me as some ugly duckling with an irritatingly low voice.

I turned to the full body length mirror on the wall and scanned both my face and body. I wasn't that bad after all. Maybe just not good enough.

I wanted to go out and have fun but I didn't fancy the idea of going alone that too without permission. Not that he'd care but what if something happened to me while I was out there alone?

Maybe I could try and make conversation.

I took a leap of faith and ambled to a room opposite our bedroom which he had turned into his office.

Just in case you were wondering, we shared a bedroom and of course he preferred the couch to sharing a bed with me as if I had some contagious disease.

The bed was big enough for the both of us and we could as well use the pillow division system but someone was anti-me.

I softly knocked at the door and when he didn't answer I opened the door slowly and entered the room.