Chapter 58: Goodbyes

Jayden's POV

Kyra and I arrived in New York on a Sunday afternoon after a twelve hour flight. Kylie had flown to New York before us on a different aeroplane. She was acting really weird, but it was to my advantage. It gave me an opportunity to spend time with Kyra without disturbances.

We were in a limousine on our way to Flavia's house. Kyra was sleeping over at her place. She had to help her with some designs and go over her financial statements. They had a meeting with their family lawyers the following day to settle some paperwork regarding their assets so she had to stick around.

She sat next to me, talking mostly about what she wanted us to do together this summer. I loved listening to her speak and talking to her about what she liked and some of her dreams.

Whenever I looked at her, I just saw beauty, grace and love. She had her flaws, but she tried everyday to be a better person and pick up the pieces of her broken heart. Her past was really rough and it had affected her a lot. She was working on it and she had sessions with a therapist once every week.

"What's on your schedule for today and tomorrow?" Kyra asked me, putting her hand on top of mine.

"Today I don't have much to do. I just have a few papers to go through and projects to look into. Tomorrow we'll meet with the buyer of our media company together with Layton, Flavia and Dad. The rest are just normal clients," I replied.

"Okay. I'll be in my office late in the afternoon tomorrow. I'll come and see you then we can go home together."

"Sure. I'll be waiting for you and I'll call you both today and tomorrow. Take care of yourself, okay?"

"I will. You do the same as well. Thank you for everything you did for us in Rio de Janeiro. I really enjoyed the trip and I hope we'll have more fun in the upcoming days."

"Of course. Thank you for giving me a chance to make you happy. Thank you for your patience with me and putting up with my behaviour which can be painful sometimes."

Kyra gave me a smile and she leaned in for a hug. I hugged her and she hugged me back. "I haven't been the best human being in the world either. Sometimes I get too emotional, childish and just impossible. I'm sincerely sorry and I promise that I'm working on it. I'm sorry for all the pain and pressure I've ever put you through. Despite everything, I'm grateful for every moment we've shared together, through all the ups and downs."

"What's wrong, Kyra? Why are you saying all that?" I asked her, brushing her hair with my fingers.

"I've just been reflecting on my behaviour, my relationships and my life. I owe you an apology because I think of everyone in my life, you've dealt with half of my drama."

"Ky..."

"Hush, Jay," Kyra hushed me, pulling away. She pecked my lips and then she kissed my ring. "It was really important for me to say it. I'll be waiting for your call. Have a good day."

The car pulled up in the driveway and Kyra exited the car without another word. I felt guilty about our situation, our marriage. The problem was with me, not her. She was the one putting in most of the effort for the two of us to be together. I wasn't helping.

It seemed unfair to me to confess my love for her whilst I was in a relationship with Kylie. She deserved better. She deserved my full love and attention without me having an affair. She never cheated on me. She was loyal and faithful from the very start.

I felt pain swell in my chest. Those few words she had said must have taken her a lot of thinking, reflecting and self blaming. I loved her. I loved her with all my heart and she was a part of my future. If anyone at all, she was the one I wanted to build a family with and grow old with.