Stop feeling sorry for yourself and get your butt in gear!

Start from the beginning

"We aren't gonna get much further if you don't stop pushing those kind of things into my head love" he growled deep in his chest barely holding it together from the way he was taking a deep breath or two.

"Oh shit sorry" I swear I was full on tomato like when I realised I'd forced my dirty desires right into Jaces head when we were suppose to be focusing on something wise this morning.

As we broke through a tightly packed set of tall old oak trees I saw a figure in the near distance.

With every step that figures features became clearer until my heart thumped harshly in my chest and my feet were suddenly moving as fast as I could take them to get a much better look to make sure my eyes weren't decieving me.

But as we got face to face the urge to fall into his arms and seek comfort in his familiarity was all incompassing until Jace's strong arms around my lower waist stopped me in my tracks.

"You can't touch him remember? You could kill him" Jace reminded me holding my back so closely against his chest that I could both feel and hear the smoothing steady rhythm of his heart beating.

"Oh goddess I could have hurt you. I'm so sorry I was just so damn happy to see you again. I thought you'd left. I thought you left me for good" gasping in shock at what I could have done all my other emotions made their way through the concrete wall I'd put up to protect myself and tears fell freely.

"Wipe those tears my girl. We have all the time in the world for hugs dear. I'm not going anywhere" Logan assures me in that old fashioned fatherly time that he'd always used on me when he'd trained me from a kid each and every time I'd felt like a big useless failure and wanted to give up.

Just hearing him speak to me like that filled my heart with a warmth that couldn't come from anyone but him.

He was the one that trained me when my father had refused.

He was the one that made me strong enough to be one of the packs best new generations of warriors.

It was Logan that got me back on my feet again after being attacked and got the job working alongside Iris.

Logan knew how much I adored her and between the two of them and Blake and my friends I had slowly pieces myself back together again.

Sure there were some parts missing like my wolf and the ability to fight as a warrior and honour my pack but there was also a more outgoing, free and fun loving side to that hadn't existed so strongly before hand.

But it was always Logan who told me to 'stop feeling sorry for myself and get my butt in gear' I could hear those words echoing in my head even now.

"Hello earth to Eden. No more tears my lovely Luna. No more feeling sorry for yourself and  get your butt in gear" Logan waved his hand as close to my face as he'd dare snapping me out of my daydream with the exact words I'd been imagining.

I couldn't help but laugh loudly letting a little snort escape my lips as he called me 'luna' on top of repeating those famous motivational words of his though. Being called 'luna' just felt so strange coming from him of all people.

The truth was I didn't deserve that level of respect coming from anyone, least of all him and goddess knows I wanted to shout that from the rooftops but there was something about the the fondness in his tone at  the words 'my lovely Luna' also made my feel like a had a soothing sense of familiarity and like a truly did have some sort of familial bond even if it wasn't from my birth parents.

"What's so funny?" Jace frowned cocking his head to the side as he analysed me with narrowed eyes.

"Nothing I'm just happy that's all. So what'd we do now? Logan how can I get my wolf back?" I asked with a new lease of positivity running through my veins now I knew that I had the one person that had always been there for me apart from my brother was here now.

That meant the absolute world to me.

Logan meant the absolute world to me.

I hadn't realised how much I'd missed him until he was here again beside me.

Encouraging me.

Parenting me.

"Well first you stop saying 'get her back' and that's gotta stop right now. From what Jace told me she never left you. She's inside you dormant in your mind. Probably after the trauma you endured she retreated deep inside your unconscious for protection fearful that she could not longer protect either of you"

"My wolf and I sensed her getting stronger so she's definitely in there. I'm sure of it!" Jace agreed nodding his head with a small smile at the positive news.

"Then it's all on Eden to find that door her wolf has hidden behind" Logan shrugged as if it was a simple and straightforward task.

"How on earth do I do that?" I scoffed at those words and the way he made it sound so easy. 

"You unlock it" Logan answered with as much blasé attitude as before.

If only I felt that relaxed about it.

Find a door in my own mind, unlock it and boom there was my wolf.

Simple.

But there was one thing I'd learnt lately and that was not in line with the manner in which Logan made this all seem.

Nothing was so simple.

Nothing!!