The garden of Eden part 2

Eden PoV

My mates gave each of my hands a gentle squeeze to let me know they had my back and despite the stress and pain I was feeling I had an inner warmth in my heart from the unconditional love they gave me.

"What you are failing to understand is that you allowed us to go through those things with far less pain. You healed us everytime and gave us the strength to keep on going" Sawyer tried to place a kiss upon my forehead before he stepped back again. It was like the action of just trying to provide me comfort made him forget he couldn't actually touch me. He couldn't touch anything. Not yet.

"You saved us everytime little sis, and we'd do it all again to protect you" Cole kissed my nose just like he did when we were youngsters and I chuckled softly at the fondness of his touch.

"But why did I need protecting?? That's exactly what I don't fully understand" I sighed defeatedly.

"Guys Eden deserves to know the full story, she doesn't need every detail right now but if she's saved you like you say she has, you both owe her this" Jace saw how low I had gotten during this conversation and took this opportunity to speak up. He'd let me say my piece and get my frustrations out, but now he and Blake knew I needed their support.

I could feel them giving me strength through our bond as it fell across me, a warmth that bathed over my skin. Blake's head was against mine, his hand splayed out across my lower back. He didn't bother to move from this affectionate position when he spoke but his intent was clear. Tell her what she needs to know or nobody leaves this room until you do.

"Talk. We've got time" was all he said. But it was enough for Sawyer to give Cole a look that I couldn't quite decipher.

"It's complicated" Cole contended.

"Cole, they're right, it's time. We owe her this" Sawyer shook his head firmly and gave his brother a look that said he was not going to change his mind. Hope built up in my chest that maybe, after all this time I'd find out some truth about our childhood and why they were so intensively protective of me.

"Nah man, she deserves a hell of a lot more than just this from the sounds of it. Cole, you and Sawyer might have had some fucking awful treatment as kids but I saw what your brother here did to Eden. I get he wasn't in control of himself or whatever but our fathers wanted her dead '' Blake slid behind me, wrapped his arms around my waist. I lent back slightly and sighed softly feeling the safety of his embrace.

"Let's sit down" Sawyer gestured to the sofas and we all moved onto the plush black sofas. Sawyer knelt beside us.

"Me and Sawyer were so excited to have a baby sister. I can still remember the first time we saw you sleeping in your crib. Just this bundle of soft fair skin and big blue eyes" Cole began and offered me a gentle smile that assured me that he wasn't going to protest this matter anymore. That meant a lot to me.

"Barely any hair apart from this random long piece in the front, right in the middle that fell on your forehead and curled up like superman" Sawyer chuckled at that sentiment.

"Oh goddess yes, mum was forever trying to hide that one curl until your hair grew and she never could! But that was afterwards" Cole said, displeasure clear in his tone.

"After what?" I asked cautiously, I dreaded the answer from the way he had spoken .

"It was Christmas morning and we always woke up super early and we'd creep downstairs to see what Santa had got us. Mum and dad never really bothered too much skate putting on a good show for the pack but people like Logan and Iris always made sure it was a special day" Cole continued the story and rubbed his hand over his face . "Fuck" he cursed.

"It's stupid now but at the time it seemed okay. We meant well anyway. We had this plan that we'd get you from your crib and take you downstairs with us so we could open your gifts and show you what you got" Sawyer explained after he saw how hard this was on Cole.

"That's so sweet!" I told them. My big brothers were always there for me, from the day I was born. "Thank you"

"Don't thank us Eden. We searched the entire house for you, but you weren't there. We were so young it's ridiculous now. But anyway, we figured maybe somehow you'd gone outside. Maybe Santa had taken you to see his reindeer or his sleigh. It was so cold, snow was a good foot deep and so we grabbed our coats and shoes and we went looking outside. We went to the back of the house and saw the weirdest thing" Cole continued and the more he spoke the more haunted he looked. Sawyer had the same expression too.

"What was it?" I questioned curiously.

"Mum and dad didn't particularly like flowers or shrubs. Not enough to create a garden. Plus it was December and below zero outside. Like I said, thick snow was everywhere. It was so deep it came up to our knees. But there was this small area full of the most beautiful, bright blooming flowers. Thick reefs and leaves were weaved tightly together and they made this blanket of greenery. It didn't make sense. We pinched ourselves a few times thinking we were just dreaming" Cole pinched himself like he did as a kid.

"But we weren't dreaming. We were little kids but we both knew flowers didn't bloom in the cold ass winter. Then something moved underneath this thick leaf blanket. So we both crouched down and watched closer and it happened again. Cole reached out and slowly pulled back this woven thing and we were both so shocked we lost our balance and fell on our asses in the snow" Sawyer couldn't help but flash a small smile at the last part.

"What was moving? Was it a rabbit or something?" I was really confused by this point and I frowned at them.

"No it wasn't a rabbit Eden. It was you" Cole laughed humorlessly at my rabbit comment, then his voice dropped to a bare whisper as the news he'd hidden from me was finally revealed.

My chest tightened and tears threatened to escape my eyes at the implications of his statement.

"Our lovely parents had been warned by that prick Corvac that you were tainted and dangerous and they'd listened to him. They left you out in the snow on Christmas Eve in nothing but a sleep suit and vest. They'd placed you in a wicken bassinets basket and left you out in the freezing temperatures" Cole laughed again but it was full of wickedness and spite.

Cole was on his feet and pacing off his anger. I could feel it permeating the air like a heavy poison. I could feel it because it was coming from me too. Yet I stayed in my seat for fear of what I'd do if I got to my feet.

"Something else happened that night, Eden. There was a terrible electrical storm. Your clothing had a huge burn mark right in the chest. But you didn't have a mark on you. But there was this strange glow that hovered over you once Cole pulled back that odd blanket" Sawyer hovered one hand over my knee for comfort and I was so grateful he was back even if it was like this right now.

"When I put my hands through it to pick you up it tickled my skin like a light electrical current. It was this haze of dark purples and swirls of lilac and bright violets. It stayed over you until you were safely tucked into my coat. Mum and dad never said a word when they woke up and you were back in your crib, in fresh clothes and nappy of course. Which was gross by the way. It was almost like they'd half expected you to be back there. Those flowers vanished the moment we lifted you out. It was like they formed this little cocoon to keep you warm and safe until someone found you. Somehow the earth created this beautiful little garden to protect you!" Cole exclaimed in awe of what had happened to us all those years ago. There were so many thoughts in my head that I didn't even know how to process any of this.

"It was so beautiful lil sis. The garden of Eden!!" Sawyer remarked with a bright smile and somehow that offered me hope that somehow we'd all be okay.

I didn't have a clue what on earth had happened but I had so much to be grateful for that I knew I owed my life to some powerful mysterious force that I didn't even understand or knew existed.