Jealousy

Jace PoV

I felt the weight of my brother's anguish so realistic it felt like my own. I watched him for a few moments as he rummaged through the pile of papers and notebooks on the bed.

It felt wrong to barge in there and demand he do as he was told and put his pain on the back burner until after we carried out our plans. My mind drifted to a scenario where it was myself and Eden in the place of Hayden and Mia.

The mate bond was such a powerful link, not just emotionally but physically and mentally too and that made things extremely difficult to assess with a clear head. Even the smallest of arguments often ended up feeling like the worst thing in the entire world and the need to smooth things over was the strongest urge.

There were various beliefs about mate bonds and a long list of questions with answers formed in accordance with the particular beliefs you align yourself with. Where did they originate from?  Who paired mates up and how did they match them? How did a person get approved for a second mate after whatever caused them to lose their first.

Was it a magical bond or an emotional one? The list was crazy long and I for one tried not to overthink these things. I didn't have the answers and there weren't any concrete, hard facts out there that could provide me with evidence to fully explain the mate bond.

All I did know was that Eden was my mate and my feelings for her were unlike anything I'd ever even imagined before and that I was a much better man and alpha for having her as my mate and Luna. Eden and I could predict each other's every move with a blindfold on and no mindlink or hearing to communicate by.

There was something insanely powerful that bonded us together as if we were one.

Every instinct told me that Eden was my mate, My soulmate and my other, much better half and along with Blake, we were those things for her.

There was no use pretending, I was a jealous, possessive man. It was the alpha wolf in me that created those flaws in my character and yet I was completely supportive and accepting of the fact that Eden had two mates. That meant I had to share her. Her time and attention was split between the two of us and the three of us now shared an extra large bed and bedroom together.

Our link was so strong that Blake and I could mindlink each other now. We didn't even need Eden as part of our private conversation to act as some sort of conduit. We had set a few form boundaries that gave us some privacy but the fact we could do so at all was unheard of until us.

An anguished sob left my brother's mouth and drew my focus back to him. I rushed forward and wrapped my arms around him. His body shook as he grabbed hope of me like he was in need of an anchor to keep him steady.

"I didn't know. I didn't know. She... Mia...fuck how could she? But  I didn't know.  I swear to you Jace, I didn't know" he cried shaking his head and repeated the same thing over and over.

'I didn't know' of course he didn't, shit, none of us saw that one coming. None of us knew because we trusted her. But there were no signs there to suggest we had reason to question her loyalty and that was clever on her part, I'd give her that. But she was a scumbag traitor and that was my true feelings.

"I know you didn't man, how could you have known? None of us saw this coming did we?" I leant my head back slightly so I could look my brother in the eyes and show him that I didn't have any doubt in his own part in this, Or lack thereof.

"I trusted her, Jace. I loved her. I just don't get it" he sighed sadly before his eyes widened and he gasped "wait- how do you know what's going on with Mia? I only just found out myself"

"Let's just say we've both had a really eye opening day. I'll explain at some point but the truth is I don't quite understand it myself yet" how on earth was I going to explain The Void and it's abilities without it making me sound beyond insane?