Secrets

Eden PoV

I was curled up on Jace's lap as he sat in his huge leather office chair going over emails and boring pack business when his mobile rang and he answered it with a huff.

"What?" He barked down the phone clearly unimpressed by the distraction when he had so much on his mind both for the day to day running of the pack but also the fact our fathers were out there being crazy lunatics.

"Fine we'll be then in a few minutes" he sounded curious and hung up, put his phone down then gazed at me like I knew something he didn't.

"There's someone at the gate for you. Some girl called Indy"

"Are you serious? She's here right now? Oh my goddess I can't believe she's really here" I practically leapt from Jace's lap and paced his office before sitting in the chair opposite him to put my trainers back on.

I hadn't seen Indy seen Jace found new in Eastley and shed barely replied to any of the texts I'd sent her so the fact she was here right now was amazing.

"So who is this girl again?" Jace asked jogging to catch up as I made my way out of the pack house toward the main gates that now surrounded the pack territory.

Jace was not going to risk anymore prisoner escapes or intruders so he'd ordered 10 foot fencing to encircle the pack to keep them safe.

Security patrolled the perimeter 24/7 and guards only allowed in pack members or those authorised by Jace, myself or Hayden. It was abit much but the pack members had felt much more relaxed since they'd been put up and that was our main concern.

"She's the girl I met when I arrived in Eastley and I lived with her and Aubrey" I reminded him walking as quick as my feet would take me.

"Aww yeh I remember"

"Yes those two amazing people I lived with until a certain someone arrived and dragged me back here" I teased him faking a pout

"Dragged you back here and fucked you senseless. Such a hardship my Luna" Jace teased me right back making me blush bright pink with his cheeky
comment.

"I love you" I stopped and raised on my tip-toes wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down to me so I could kiss him. I never wanted him to think I regretted coming home with him.

"I love you too baby. Now jump on my back and let me take you to your friend in style" Jace crouched down and let me jump in his back so he could carry me that way up to the gates.

I loved these moments where Jace was relaxed and playful. It just showed that he wasn't always the uptight alpha most people saw him as.

The pack members we passed by chuckled at the sight of their alpha transporting his Luna on his back and their smiles filled our hearts with warmth. I could feel it through the mate bond just how happy it made Jace to have their love.

Once the gate was in sight Jace stopped in his tracks and I could feel the tension in his shoulders as the relaxed man was replaced by a wary alpha.