19

Battle was just around the corner

Battle was just around the corner. Charlie got to baby sit Carson as Piper and Edward were getting everything ready for the battle. Piper stood by the window staring at the night sky wondering how things will turn out. Edward wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head. "What's got you thinking?"

"Tomorrow." She replies. "I'm afraid no one won't make it."

"We have the wolves. Victoria doesn't know that their still around so she could have left out a lot of stuff. Especially with what actually happened to James." He tells her. "I killed James protecting you and I will kill her to continue keeping you and Carson safe."

Piper smiled as she turned and looked at him. "We can do this together." Edward kissed her with agreement. They can fight together.
~~~
The next day was the camping out. Piper stood beside Edward as Jacob and Bella talked. They just wanted things to go back to normal. Bella looked at Piper and Edward knowing they wanted to be with their son. "I hope this battle ends soon." She tells Jacob.

Jacob nodded, but he knew he had to talk Piper out of becoming one of the Cullens. He looked to see Piper and Edward kissing and knew he must talk to her. Edward pulled away and glared. "You are not talking to her about that. She hasn't even mention that."

"What?"

"You can't be one of the Cullens."

Piper glared at him. "Last time I checked, that's my choice, not yours or anyone else." She tells him as she started walking up the mountain.

Edward shook his head and looked at Seth. "Can you help her since she's mad at Jacob?"

"Sure."

Edward ran up the mountain as Piper was carried up by Seth. "You had a choice." Seth tells her. "Just follow your heart not some ignorant person who wants to follow the treaty. Like you said. It's your choice."

"Thanks Seth."

Edward turned and walked over to Piper as she walked to him. Piper smiled as she kissed him. She was happy to be back in his arms. "I love you." She tells him.

"I love you." He tells her. "Let's get in the tent before it storms."

Piper nodded as she got inside and laid in the sleeping bag. She grabbed Edward by the shirt and brought him down to kiss him again. Edward shook his head at what was going to happen making her laugh. "Just focus on us. Not this damn battle."

"Just us." He said as he kissed her.