Need You Now

Chapter by: MachoNachoKennedy

You and Lena are currently arguing about what Lena had done. Whenever you landed yourself in hot waters after a particular mission you did at the DEO, Lena would use her connections to save you from being dismissed. You tried to put a stop to it but Lena refused to listen.

"Jesus, Lena. I told you to stop doing it!"

"I don't understand why?! I'm trying to help you."

"Because this isn't for you to fix. This was my failure, not yours. Stop fixing it."

Lena sighs heavily, unsure of why you couldn't just accept her help.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want for people to think that I just married you to use you as my 'get out of jail' card. All my life, I've been proving myself to people that I can do everything on my own without the help of my father and I did! But then we get married and now suddenly everyone sees me as useless and weak."

This just made Lena angrier. The two of you were supposed to be a team.

"It's not weak to accept any help! We're supposed to be a team! We help each other. You've helped me countless of times, why can't I help you?"

The two of you spent the entire night arguing about who was in the right. You knew that nothing will get resolved with the two of you just yelling at each other so you decided to step away and let off some steam.

X

Lena is left alone, crying about what happened. She just wanted to help you. There was no line in the universe that she wasn't willing to cross to save you. There was nothing wrong in wanting to help you with your problems. There was a little voice in the back of her mind telling you that you maybe had a reason to want to solve thing on her own but that was pushed further back by her need to want to help you. Lena needs to fix this for you. She needs you.

X

You're at the bar on your 6th drink. Since you've arrived, all you've thought about Lena and what she had done. There was nothing wrong with wanting to fix your own problems without anyone's help. You knew you could fix the mess you had gotten yourself into, you've done it several times without anyone's help. Realization suddenly struck as you finished your drink. Lena wanted to help fix things and you needed to get yourself out of trouble. You weren't going to make things harder on the two of you. Someone had to give in and it had to be you. You needed to fix things. You need her.

X

Lena was looking everywhere for you. You weren't in your usual places that you liked to visit so she dialed Kara for her to help find you.

You headed back to the house to find Lena but she wasn't home. Kara's phone went straight to voicemail so you called Alex to help find her.

Lena is tired, she can't find you.

You're tired, you can't find her.

You look at each other.

"I'm sorry....I was wrong. I'll change my ways. Just please don't give up on me."

Lena steps closer to you.

"We, you and me, will fix this. We're a team, (y/n). Just don't give up on me too."

You hugged her tightly and pulled her in to kiss her deeply, promising to never argue about something silly like it again.

Alex and Kara just stare at the two of you, whispering to each other.

"Motherfuckers, really woke us up to see them eat each other's faces?! I'm done here."

Alex shook her head and climbed into her bike to head back home.