Monday

Chapter by: MachoNachoKennedy

General Pierce held a meeting to introduce the newest DEO director. All your ex-employees were confused about the sudden change of leadership. You hadn't told them what happened and they couldn't even ask your wife as she was just as confused.

"I'm sorry but what about Director Luthor? What happened to her?"

Lena wasn't sure what was going on. You never showed up to explain things to her. It seemed like the only who held the answers to everything was the General.

"Oh. Your dearest lover didn't tell you? She got fired for defying orders from the government. She didn't agree to surrender the Daxamite kid..."

The new director answers for him. Lena just glares at him, already having a feeling that she wasn't going to like him.

"That's enough. I expect for you to show him the same respect that you show him, otherwise you'll be fired. You're on thin ice, Luthor."

X

Everyone tried their best to adjust to the new leadership but it was impossible with the way the new director was acting. He wasn't you and they wanted you back. They were loyal to you. One by one, they resigned or ended up getting fired for disobeying orders. The DEO wasn't the same without you.

X

Months had passed and you still hadn't showed up. Despite exhausting all her resources, Lena couldn't find you. It was like you disappeared from the face of the Earth.

During a particular rough night, Lena starts to regret how she handled things. Something happened to you because she had been insensitive and selfish. There was no one else to blame but her. You had protected her and Zol-Gand from the government yet she hadn't done the same for you.

She started to cry as she thought about how she had neglected and hurt you. Lena couldn't help but think about how things would've been different if the two of you worked together to deal with General Pierce. Had she not been so stubborn, you probably wouldn't be missing.

Lena cries herself to sleep, hating herself for the way she handled things. The two of you were a team and she had let you down.