July 10, 2027

Dearest Diary,

I've never been so excited and nervous and just a ball of feelings all at once. Sure, I've gone on missions that forced me to hold the fate of half the universe in my hands, but this is something I've never done... and something I'll never do again.

It feels like I've waited forever to get here, too, even though it's only been about a hundred years, give or take... though, I suppose most people don't even live that long, so it's just as well.

This event, too, feels like it could all go terribly wrong in an instant, though I hope it doesn't. Bucky and I have spent months on end worth of energy on all the proper preparations for this, down to the very last detail, and we don't want it to go wrong.

That's why we requested a little help from someone that knows us from way back.

—————

"My God, he really did it," I said, as a beautiful as ever Peggy Carter wake through the door in an incredible black dress.

"Mmm, yes, Howard's son truly did become as intelligent as I expected him to," she commented, hugging me. "And, I'm honored that you sent him to get me. The simple fact that you both wanted me here today, all these years later, is- I am truly grateful."

"I could never forget about you, you know that," I looked at her longingly. "I've missed you, Peggy, really. All these years have gone by with only Bucky as a familiar face."

"At least you had one another," she replied in her refined British accent.

"That's all we needed," I said, thinking back upon all the times it had been just us.

"Well, when Tony contacted me a few months ago regarding this event and regarding the whole time travel thing... I was astonished," she described. "I didn't tell anyone, as requested. My husband believes me to be in the bathroom taking a shower. Tony said he would return me to that exact moment in which I'd left, so it would be no issue at all."

"He's right," I assured her. "Time travel is a wonderful thing. Saved the world, even."

"So I've heard," she answered. "Well, I've prepared for this as much as I've been asked, and it's truly from the bottom of my heart, as I've grown to love you both... even if I thought you dead until now."

I chuckled. "Well, good thing we're not," I added. "Have you been to see Bucky yet?"

"No, I'll be headed there next," she informed me. "But, it was lovely to have been able to speak with you before the wedding begins. I'll see you both at the altar."

"Yes, you will," I smiled, and she returned with one in bright red lipstick as she walked out.

"Thank you," Sam said to her after she held the door for him as he made his way in.

"Sam," I greeted him. "How's it going in the other room with Bucky?"

"How d'you think?" he returned with a look.

"Is he micromanaging again?" He nodded smugly. "Jeez, it's our wedding day, he needs to relax."

"That's what I told him, but The Winter Soldier doesn't exactly like being told what to do," he came back.

"Did you try-"

"Yes, we sent T'Challa in," he interrupted. "No, it didn't work- that's why I left. I cannot watch that man put his damn tie on again to make it perfect, I can't."

I laughed. "Classic Bucky."

"Yea, I don't know how you live with this guy," he commented.

"I love him for it," I answered.