March 10, 2025

Dear Diary,

I had some correspondence with Tony last week in order to prep for today because, well, it's a pretty big day. You know, not a lot of people live to be 108-years-old.

Anyway, we planned a party for Bucky and I'm really excited because it'a sorta our first time in a really long time celebrating a birthday with no imminent danger happening somewhere world- or galaxy-wide that The Avengers have to deal with.

Today is all about him, and it'll mean everything to me if he feels that just as much as I did preparing all of this.

—————

Everyone was invited.

All the happy couples that had formed among us, people we hadn't seen in a while- everyone I could think of, really. Oh, and one surprise guest for someone who isn't even Bucky, but more on that later.

We dressed up in our nicest dinner clothes and headed up the elevator, prepared to meet everyone at the top floor and not speaking a word to each other the whole while because of it.

When the doors opened and the elevator car dinged, everyone came rushing over and surrounded us as we stepped out. Tons of 'happy birthday's and 'nice to see you guys again's were exchanged between all of us.

It felt like we'd finally entered a time of peace again within our own lives.

After some mingling amongst the guests we hadn't seen in what felt like forever, such as Rhodey, Scott, Sam and Wanda, Tony called us all over to the table.

"All right, if everyone would make their way over to the table, it would be greatly appreciated," he started. "The food is about to be served."

We all did as we were told and sat in our reserved seats.

Bucky was at the head and I was to his right as Sam was to his left. Natasha was next to me and next to her was Banner then Clint and his family. Next to Sam was Tony and his family, then Wanda - two empty chairs - and Scott with his girlfriend, Happy, Queens and his aunt, as well as the wizard, whose name I believe is also Steven but spelled Stephen, and his wizard friend.

It was a nice group of us, and the evening was really filled with great conversation. Then, the appetizers and drinks made their way around in huge portions and we were all starving, so it was about time.

"So," Sam began. "How's the new life?"

"A little less action-packed, but maybe it's for the better," Bucky commented.

"For sure," I agreed. "But, it's nice," I smiled, placing my hand on top of his as he smiled back at me.

"But, I'm sure the modernity of it all is probably still shocking at times," Natasha jumped in. "Isn't it?"

"In what way?" Bucky zoned in on her question, reminding me about a little conversation she and I had a while back that I had completely forgotten to ask him about.

"Well, just that being gay is accepted in todays era, is all," she explained. "Not having to live in fear anymore is probably something that takes some getting used to."

"I don't think we ever lived in any sort of terrible fear," I chimed in. "It was more of an incomparable thrill that came with sneaking around and such that we don't really get to experience anymore- and, to be fair, I think we both miss it in our own way."

"Agreed," Bucky looked at me. "But, sure, less fear of being literally thrown in jail and possibly killed over something so uncontrollable definitely makes life a lot more outwardly livable."