November 30, 2023

Dearest Diary,

Today's the day everyone living in Stark Tower gets to meet one another and I couldn't be more excited. You see, we all kinda live on our own floors and have separate wings, so, a lot of us have yet to really actually meet.

Tony had FRIDAY tell us all last night that we were to meet at the top floor for a little party/gathering-type-thing around 7:00pm.

And, well, it's 7:00 already- so here we go.

—————

Bucky and I walked in together to see that everyone was already there. I suppose by 7:00, he really meant 6:30...?

The first thing I noted was the Tony-Stark-esque 60s-70s-80s music (that I've, recently, been listening to per his request to get more cultured) blaring loudly and the drinks flowing everywhere, so we figured we might as well jump on in and get going.

"Rogers," Tony approached us and shook my hand, a drink in the other; it looked like his go-to... a single malt scotch, neat.

"Tony, how's it been?" I wondered with a smile, the chorus of Free Fallin' by Tom Petty playing in the background.

"Oh, just dandy," he replied, taking a sip of his drink and bobbing his head to the song. "Been staying with the family, you know, Morgan's all excited to finally get to see the tower."

"I'm sure," I agreed with a smile.

"Well, get some drinks, guys," he pushed. "I'll introduce you to The Guardians later, they said they have a little game they wanna show us how to play or something."

"Sounds good," I answered as he walked away.

We both got our drinks at the bar and headed over to the couches where everyone else had been sitting. I was happy to see Natasha sitting on Bruce, finally. Maybe he finally worked up the courage to ask her out for real.

"Steve!" a drunken Scott yelled as he hung on his unhappy looking girlfriend, still holding a beer.

"Hey, Scott," I replied with a chuckle, sending the woman a nod of acknowledgement. "Maybe, uh, lay off the drinks for a little while."

He nodded and saluted me. "Sure thing, boss."

Bucky and I sat down next to each other and... also next to some very strange looking people(?). I assumed they were The Guardians Tony had been talking about, but I guess I'll find out soon enough if they're even humans at all- and, you know, why they have blue skin and strange tattoos and long red leather trench coats.

The clock hit 8 before we knew it and darkness from the huge windows crept in. The amber light system turned on and the aura was just amazing. Everyone was buzzed except for Bucky and I because, well, we can't exactly get there... but it was still fun watching everyone make fools of themselves and drinking along with them, unfazed.

"Hello everyone," a soft-spoken girl with what looked like antennae dressed in green began. "I am Mantis, for those of you who do not know me. I am with those that identify as The Guardians of the Galaxy- which includes my friends over here," she pointed so that they might introduce themselves.

"I'm Peter Quill, but you probably know me as Starlord- I'm pretty well known, but it's okay, I'm just like all of you... from Earth and whatnot, so it's all cool," he went on, proceeding to sit again like he was hot shit.

A green skinned woman with black and pink hair stood up. "I'm Gamora and I am Zen-Whoberis for those of you humans who are unaware of alien species; though, I'm from 2014 and don't exactly know everything I'm supposed to just yet seeing as the year is 2023... I do know, though, that Thanos was my father, Nebula is my sister and I'm supposed to be with Peter over here..." she hesitated, looking over at him awkwardly. "Yea." She sat.