Natasha smiled. "I'm happy for you both. It really seems meant to be."

"Oh, meant to be?" Sam joined. "Don't even get me started on the lengths we went to tryna get Cap's so-called 'friend' back. I shoulda known then that there was somethin' goin' on because, Hell, he would not stop for anythin-"

"Okay, okay," I stopped him, feeling my face starting to blush.

"Aww, Steve," Bucky smiled at me all child-like and lovey-dovey.

I smiled back at him as the appetizer plates were taken and replaced with main course items. Everyone started digging in as soon as they could, and it really was a sight to see. A dinner table full of freaks. Banner and Bucky and I eating enough for an army, Wanda and the wizards using their abilities to levitate food over to themselves and to others, Queens slinging webs to get food, and so on.

I stood with my glass in hand and everyone stopped chattering and looked over. "I just wanted to make a little announcement- a toast, if you will," I looked down at Bucky and smiled before looking back at everyone else. "To friendship, love, family... and new beginnings."

Everyone raised their glasses and cheered to what I'd said and drank.

"But," I continued. "Speaking of which, and before I sit down, I wanted to add something else that isn't really related to Bucky's birthday at all- sorry, Buck."

"Go on," he smirked and looked up at me, being the only other person in the room who knew about my planned surprise.

"While we're on the topic of family and love, I thought I would present someone else in here, who's birthday was a month ago and got no celebration, with a present- or, two, rather," I met eyes with Wanda across the way. She seemed confused, but aware in a sense. "Wanda, I did all that I could to make this as perfect a gift I could think up... so, let me know what you think." She nodded and waited for me to present her with something. "All right, come on out!" I shouted.

Vision, in his human form and dressed to a tee, phased through the kitchen wall and stopped beside me. "Hello, Wanda," he greeted her.

"Vis?" She stood, crying and ran over to him on the other side of the table.

Bucky grabbed my hand and looked up at me with a glimmer in his eyes as the reunion continued and tears continued to flow.

"That's not the end, Wanda," I warned as Vision reluctantly parted from her side and sat down in one of the empty chairs where she had been seated.

"What more could I possibly ask for?" she wondered, teary eyed.

A blue flash filled the room and a brief wind slashed past us both. "How about your brother?" Pietro wondered, dressed also in a suit himself, looking at her and around the room at everyone else. "I'm sure you... didn't see that coming."

She said nothing and just hugged him for a moment, allowing me to truly see in others what I felt when I looked at Bucky- that love as incredible as that which we have forged really is undying.

After he sat down next to Vision, Wanda approached me. "How?"

"Time-travel," I explained with a smile. "I just went back to the moment right before their deaths and plucked them from the timeline to bring them back here. They both remember everything personally as far up to their own supposed deaths and... I filled them both in on the events after their deaths, you know, from 2018 and 2015 respectively."

"I..." she searched for words. "I don't know how to thank you for any of this-"

"You don't have to, Wanda," I replied. "Happy belated birthday."

"Thank you," she hugged me before she sat down, and I, too, sat down.

Everyone went back to talking and catching up with the new guests I told no one about.

"Steve," Bucky put his hand on my leg beneath the table. "That's why I love you so damn much, you know."

"What do you-"

"Because of how selfless you are," he started. "Because you didn't have to do that but you did anyway. Sure, it's my birthday, but I don't even care about sharing the spotlight with Vision and Wanda and Pietro because that's not what matters most to me- it's you that I care about. You and your compassion for and trust in people."

"Thanks Buck," I answered, unsure of what else to say.

"Always," he replied.

As dinner came to a close and everyone started filtering out, we decided that it was probably about time that we took our exit as well.

"Tony," I approached him, as everyone had been standing around. "Thank you for hosting, it really means a lot to me."

"Hey, that's what I'm here for," he assured me. "Besides, that's what 'if you need me, I'll be there' has been redefined to mean, too. I really mean that."

"Thank you," we shook hands and I headed over to the remaining others to say goodbye to them, too.

"Steve," Nat began. "This was real nice of you to do for him."

"I try," I laughed.

Banner smiled. "Well, it shows, pal. See you around?"

"Sure will," I agreed.

"Mr. Captain America, sir?" I heard from behind me.

"Queens, hey," I approached the little guy and his aunt.

"Woah," she regarded me. "You're a lot... bigger in person."

Bucky snuck up behind me. "I tell him that every night, but he never listens to me."

"Buck-" I whisper yelled. "The kid is right there."

"It's alright, Cap'n, sir- I, uh, I'm 16, so," he rambled.

"You know, you can call me Steve like everyone else does," I pointed out.

"Yea," Bucky joined in. "And you gotta stop calling me Mr. Jesus - as funny as it was the first few times - the names Bucky."

He smiled at us. "Sure thing."

"Well, we gotta get going, but I'm sure we'll see you around if you're ever in Brooklyn or if we're ever in Queens," I told him. "Have a good night, guys," I waved, Bucky taking my hand as we walked out together.

—————

And, if that wasn't a perfect night, the sex afterwards definitely made it perfect- more perfect than I thought possible.

Yikes, that's saying something.

~ Steve R.