She's baby, literally

"The weekends are awesome! I can't wait to go home and rest!" I hummed. 

"Ugh.. I should have planned training on the weekends too."

"I would have killed you if you did that, you know."

"I know." 

We were passing the same alley. The one where.... the incident happened. It had been about a week since it had happened but Chisaki hadn't confronted me about that.... until now. From the corner of my eyes, I saw the mask. My eyes widened and stopped to a halt. Musaki and Deku turned around to look at me. 

"Musaki. Drop Izu home. I have to do something." My voice was stern, so they gave me a worried nod and started walking home. 

After a few minutes, he revealed himself. "You have keen eyesight, (l/n) (y/n)." How does he know my name?!  

"I did some research on you, you see. Your father is a hero, isn't he. Going behind his back to talk to 'villains', are you?" I held my head down, not making eye contact. "It's okay to speak (l/n). You are not affected by the plague as much as the others."

"Okay..."

"Tomorrow, meet me here, nine am, and bring your mask. It's time you pay back your debt."

..................................................................

It was Saturday. I was standing at the alley. I didn't want to die before I could meet the others. I had brought the mask, as he instructed. 

It fit my face perfectly. It hanged on my nose, which made only my mouth open for view.

When I heard someone come, I put on the mask quickly.

"All dresses up, aren't you? Follow me." Overhaul lead me down many twists and turns. I decided to ask one question while doing so.

"What can I call you?"

"...Overhaul."

"Okay."

Real smooth (y/n). He probably hates you now. 

"What job are you going to give me?"

"There is someone you have to take care of. If she rejects you too, then I'll get rid of you." 

"Oh." After a long pause, I decided to use my nonexistent social skills. "Nice jacket."

"Thank you. And shut up."

"Okay."

And somehow, we reached the base. It was abnormally clean. Does this guy have janitors here?  

There were others in the base as well, but he directly lead me into his office. He called for Kurono and as he came into the room, he motioned for me to sit. What a gentleman! 

"Chrono, show her Eri's room." Eri... I'll show her the love she didn't get. 

I stood up and followed Kurono. He looked more sociable, so I tried to make small talk.

"Really clean! Overhaul must like it that way, huh?"

"...."

"How old is Eri?"

"She's around the age of 7 and 8. Don't intrude on things you don't need to know."

"Okay."

He seemed shocked that I didn't say anything back. Guess he hasn't met polite people. He knew that either I'll be here for a while or not so long.