37

Mubasshir gave me one of his debit cards before he left and never came  back. It had the money i was supposed to use to leave Rimi. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me using it to treat my brothers.

I sat in the lobby flipping through a day old newspaper. As usual, there was nothing interesting, or new. I caught something about the "dethroned emir" coming from behind me so instinctively, i paid more attention to what two aged ladies were saying. Sani was dethroned!!

"I heard he was killed" my heart dropped. Mubasshir wouldn't, couldn't

"No he did not die o, i heard he was beaten to a pulp by his nephew and he is in this very hospital even" i stilled. My hands began to quake. I made them into fists, trying  to convince myself that i was no longer terrified of him. What has he done  to Mubasshir??? Again!

"Where is the nephew now?" One of the women asks, voicing my thought.

"I heard he is in jail. Apparently he has a kidnapping ring!"

I am so confused. What are they talking about??? Who has a kidnapping ring??!!

"Hmm the drama that goes on in that palace ehn, and i heard it was because of a woman oo... one small girl!! "

"Maybe she is even the reason why the former emir died "

I wanted to yell at the ladies and tell them to mind their business but who did i think i was?
I became uncomfortable.  It felt like they knew it was me. So I hurriedly stood up and left the lobby.

****

"I am so glad you are okay" Saddam said to his sister. He was convinced he would never see her again. Now that they were reunited, there was just one thing left to do.

"We need to leave immediately "

"But you're still-"

"Yasmeen! Immediately!"

"We can't just up and leave!!"

"Why not? Sani is no longer the emir, he has no one looking up his butthole with a flashlight. That means he can kill us for the heck of it !"

Yasmeen stayed quiet. Even though he told her to leave without him, she couldn't bring herself to even think about it.

"I can't leave. Mubasshir is missing-

"Oh for God's sake Yasmeen! I was drilled into a wall, i will not wait for Sani to come and finish me off. I am not spending another night in this town. And if you think we are leaving you behind, you have something else coming!"  Fahad finally exploded. For the first time since he arrived the hospital. Yasmeen had began to wonder if he'd lost his motor skills.

She was getting pissed by the second but she controlled it. They've been through hell, they are allowed to be irritable.

"I understand your fear. But Mubasshir has been helping me search for you ever since you were gone. Matter of fact he did most of the searching. He gave me a place to sleep when Sani burnt down our house-

"Sani did what?!!"

"He burnt our house. Down to the ground " the two brothers stayed quiet for a while before Saddam spoke.

"We leave in three hours " tears instantly welled up in Yasmeen's eyes. She turned and walked out of the room.

Yasmeen couldn't bring herself to gather her things. He had made it his mission to keep her safe for some reason. The one time that she could actually attempt to pay him back for what he has done for her, she was leaving, running away. The one time he needed her.