36

"He threatened me and I defended myself " Mubasshir said to the police in the hospital room where his uncle lay.

"How did he threaten you? What did he say?"

"He told me he would poke me full of holes and I'm sure he has a gun" the police man scribbled and scribbled like he was writing anything important. In the end, the most he will report back is "two fighting ".

"Okay. I will be back later. In the meantime, you can't stay here with him. Is there anyone he trusts?" The detective asks.

"Yes yes. Spike here is his good friend " Mubasshir said with a smile and a pat to spike's shoulder. Spike too gave a smile of his own. The detective nodded and turned to leave, gesturing to Mubasshir to leave first. He looked back his uncle, wrapped up like a mummy and did a little victory dance in his head. Now he can have scars to match Yasmeen's.

***

He walked into the uncomfortably quiet house with his bloodied shirt in one hand and his cell phone in the other.

"Yasmeen!"

She appeared in seconds.

"What did you do?!!" She asks practically flying down the stairs. She had worry etched deeply in her face. Aww she cares about me! Mubasshir thought then cringed. Did i just say 'aww'?? Bloody hell

"I took care of it, like i said i would"

"Your hands are all bloody!"

"Most of it is not mine" he says with a smile. He face contorts in disgust and she ran into the kitchen. Mubasshir followed her and found her bent over the sink, puking. He rolled his eyes.

"I'll go wash up" he said turning away with one thought; this girl really had a body on her.

After he'd showered and changed into fresh clothes, he noticed his knuckles were bleeding again and they stung. He went to the study and pulled out a first aid box then walked to where Yasmeen was with a pep in his step.

"Treat my wounds " he says. One eyebrow cocked up sassily at him, wordlessly telling him to rephrase his sentence. He sighed. 'This woman and her attitude ' he thought.

"Could you please treat my wounds?"

She smiled and Mubasshir almost melted.

"Sure"

He felt giddy like a child on Christmas as he walked up and sat next to her on the carpeted floor. She opened up the kit and got to work all while he stared at her intently.

"Staring is rude"

"I don't give a fu-" she choose that exact moment to swipe the alcohol pad over his knuckles.

"Fuuuuckkk!!!" He screamed and she cringed.

"It was supposed to stop you from cursing!" She said with mirth.

"You are a shitty person " he said with a scowl and she laughed...

MUBASSHIR

After Yasmeen was tucked in bed, yes i literally tucked her in. I drove back to the palace. Since Sani was away in the hospital, this is the perfect time to search for Yasmeen's brothers. I picked up spike and we drove off.

We walked further into seems to be an old, shady warehouse with him in front and me following close behind. How cliche.

The warehouse was just about a kilometre away from the palace. It reeks of blood and dust and I was trying hard to hold down my dinner.

The sight before me was gut wrenching. People were nailed to the walls! Literally crucified! While others were hanging from chains. Some had their heads hanging down lifelessly while the others begged for mercy as soon as we entered. They smelled horrible, like they were already decaying.