26

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V

Mubasshir practically slumped unto the sitting room floor. Hammad looked at him for a few seconds before he recognised him.

"Bash?!" He asked perplexed.  He had never seen him looking like this. So sick and bedraggled. What the hell happened? Did he walk through hell to get here?

"Baby please get me some blankets he is shaking like a leaf. An get Doctor Odukoya on the phone " Hammad said to his wife. She nodded and left the room. He helped his friend into the house and closed the door.

The ambulance came about twenty minutes later and they took Mubasshir to the hospital. He was dehydrated, anaemic, septicaemic, amongst other things.

"Bro what the hell happened?" Hammad asked once Mubasshir was conscious and able to talk.

They attended the same highschool. Separated afterwards, then met again after graduating college at an African summit for entrepreneurs in cape town. They've been almost inseparable since then.

"YOU WERE IN THERE FOR FOUR YEARS?!!" Hammad could not believe his ears. Did not want to believe his ears.

"Yes. Four whole miserable, torturous years brother " Mubasshir said, laughing humorlessly.

"He wanted to kill me H. At the time I was taken, he didn't have an heir. And since i heard them talking about killing yesterday, I'm guessing he still doesn't have a son. If he should die, I could be emir. I'm still competition"

"This is the most insane thing I've heard in my life"

"The thing is I don't even want it anymore. He can have it all I swear!" Mubasshir said.

Hammad felt sorry for his friend. The Mubasshir he knew would have never in a million years given up his birthright. They really broke him.

"How did you manage to get out?" Hammad asked again, bewildered.

"Baby the doctor said he should rest, you're not helping " Sameerah murmured quietly.

Mubasshir couldn't believe someone was calling this moron baby. He chuckled quietly, his heart tugged with a subtle envy.

Hammad and his wife left the hospital after making sure Mubasshir was fed, in good hands and asleep.

"Hello ghost, yes I have someone in FINLAC hospital in Maitama. Room 225. I want two of your men stationary outside till i get back. If anyone tries to harm or take the patient, shoot them" Hammad said.

His father was running for president so he basically has the entire security personnel at his disposal.

***

"Are you dense, useless or both?! My instructions were to have eyes all over that house! How did you not see ywo grown men leave?! Are you freaking blind?!!" Sani yelled at the man who was bloodied and strapped to a chair.

"I-i-" Sani rolled his eyes, ripping out the man's third finger nail with pliers. The man screamed out his agony which only further riled Sani up. This is only the tip of the ice berg. If he couldn't get Yasmeen back, he would burn down this entire city to the ground.

"I detest incompetence. I paid you your money in full for God's sake! You had one job!" He was full on yelling. The rage he felt was murderous, something he had in common with his nephew. Which is why they made the bast team and the worst enemies.

He just lost the only leverage he had over Yasmeen. He threw the plier at the tied up man, hitting him in his bruised chest. He coughed out blood.