Riley McDonough Imagine

"You know, you're not acting like a very good friend, (Y/N)." Riley muttered.

"I'm not going to help you lie, to someone, Ri." You fired back, crossing your arms.

"I'm not lying to anyone!" He snapped. "I just don't want you to say anything, you know?"

"So you want me to help you keep a secret?" You muttered, rolling your eyes.

"No! Well, yes, kind of. Just listen for a second!" Riley grabbed your wrist, spinning you around.

"Remember when I found out you had a crush on-"

"Riley." You growled.

"-- And you didn't want me to tell anyone? I didn't, see? It's the same deal."

"You're asking me to not tell Connor that his girlfriend kissed you." You growled once more, shaking Riley off you and heading to your bed, sitting down on it.

After you had found out what happened, Riley had followed you home and begged you the entire time not to say anything. See, you weren't mad at Riley because of the fact he wouldn't let you say anything to Connor. No, you were mad because he had kissed a girl. Sure, the girl had kissed him, but you liked Riley.

And you hated to admit it, but you were jealous.

"(Y/N), come on. I know the whole situation sounds stupid, but like, I'll tell Connor on my own--" He came and sat next to you, still talking when he did. Before he could go on, you cut him off.

"When? When will you tell Connor that his girlfriend is cheeting on him with you?"

Riley's eyes went wide. "She's not cheeting on him... Maybe she just, made a mistake..."

"Clearly."

"Please, (Y/N)? Do me this one favor. I'll tell Connor soon enough. Just do this for me."

Riley whined, taking your hand in his and gently squeezing it.

You looked at him, narrowing your eyes. There he goes again. Sticking out his bottom lip, pouting. His dark eyes hopeful, yet sad.

Sometimes, you felt like Riley knew you liked him. Because of the fact that whenever he needed something, or wanted something, he got super close to you and held your hand, like his touch would change your answer in any way.

It did, though.

"Alright, fine." You grunted, giving into his puppy dog eyes.

"Alright!" He cheered, leaning back. "Thanks, (Y/N)."

You glanced down at Riley and yours laps, seeing his hand was still locked with yours.

"Oh." Riley gasped quietly, pulling his hand away. "Uh, sorry." He whispered.

Riley had always been very comfortable around you. When he wasn't keeping secrets, he was so incredibly cheerful and happy around you. He made you happy.

This wasn't like him, though. Yes, you've both held hands before. In the most friendly way possible, of course. But he's never really, pulled away from it.

"In all honesty, I don't know what I'm going to do, (Y/N). If I tell Connor it'll break his heart. That's why I didn't want you to say anything yet." Riley sighed out of no where, putting his elbows on his knees and leaning forward. "Why did she kiss me?"

"Well, your Riley McDonough." You whispered, making him turn his head to you, his gaze questionable.

"Alot of people would like to kiss you."

You joked, throwing him a small smile. Though, it was true. Even you would love to kiss dreamy-eyed Riley.

He raised his brows, still starring at you. Even after giving him a smile, he did not react.

"Even you?"

"What?"

"You said everyone would want to kiss me. Do you?"

Your eyes grew wide. Parting your lips to speak, nothing came out.

"Of course not." You blurted. "Y-You're my friend."

Oh god.

Riley bit his lip, looking away from you as he nodded your head, still leaning on his knees.

"Why do you think everyone would want to kiss me?" Riley asked, continuing the conversation you regreted starting.

"Uh," You gulped, trying to think of a quick answer. I mean, you knew the honest answer. That this boy was very attractive, so sweet, and oh, so much more. But, you didn't want him to know you liked him. It was like every other story.

"I don't know. You're a sweet," you hesitated. "attractive guy,"

Good one, (Y/N). As if you weren't being obvious enough.

"(Y/N)? Do you like me?"

"No!" You gasped, jumping. "I like you as a friend, sure. But nothing more. I mean, I-"

Riley leaned in and pressed his lips to yours.

It was all so fast, you hardly had time to realize. His lips were soft and warm. Honestly, you wouldn't mind kissing him for hours upon hours, as weird as it sounds.

He pulled away, his face still serious after doing so. Though, when your gaze focused on him, his pink lips broke into a smirk.

"How was that?" He asked.

"Umm--"

"Good? Good. Huh, even my best friend doesn't mind me kissing her, does she?" Riley winked.

"You're a cocky dork." You muttered.

Riley laughed, pecking your cheek as if you've been dating for months already.