Toby McDonough Imagine

I thought she loved me

--

My dear, Mr. Tobias McDonough. Would you please, I insist, accompany me at my humble castle for a preformance? Also known as a movie, a romantic comedy one in particular.

It took a few long minutes until Toby responded. He was the first guy I would text if I ever needed anyone to hang out with, jusy because he was always the first to respond. This time, I could of probably went skydiving and hiking up Mount Everest before he even responded.

As much as I would, I'm not feeling the whole "romantic comedy" idea.

I understand. How does a comedy sound?

Surely. I need a laugh. Be over soon.

Honestly, Toby is usually one to play around with my weird texting thing. Like, for example, I act like I own a castle, when in reality, its just my house that I've lived in for my whole life. And usually, Toby would respond with something like "Yes, Princess (Y/N), I will gladly accompany you to the show. Let us hope it is marvelous! I will arrive when the sun is at its peak."

This time, he didn't. Who knew, I was probably just extremely paranoid.

It felt like hours later until Toby had actually showed up. I was one to always tease him, so when I opened the door, I narrowed my eyes.

"What now?" Toby mewed.

"Why had it taken you so long to arrive?"

He shrugged. Hm, it was weird. Why wasn't he playing along like he always did? Why did he seem so-- boring?

Toby didn't respond. He just trotted into the house, and since my parents were not home, him being here without either of us being askes loads of questions was all the more easier.

"Are you okay, Tob?" I murmured as he continued to say nothing, only to drag his feet over to the couch and plop down, waiting for me to start the movie.

He glanced up at me for a long moment. What was it? His eyes-- they looked sad. Heartbroken, maybe. But why would they be? Oh, was I really that clueless.

"I'm fine." Toby said, his voice cracking. But at the time, I took no notice. I collapsed on the couch next to him and started up the movie.

"You want anything to drink?" I asked awkwardly. Okay, now I knew something was clearly wrong. Toby always talked. Always joked around. Never before had he not talked during the movie. I would have to shush him until he finally kept queit and watched the movie. And the fact that he ignored me when I offered something food/drink wise, I grumbled to myself and paused the movie.

"Hey, what gives?" Toby muttered grumpily, it turning out more rude then he had ment it to be.

"Somethings wrong." I whispered.