Toby McDonough Imagine

Would you be happy?

"Toby, your girlfriends here!" Connor shouted, rushing over to the door.

"She's not my girlfriend." Toby grunted, jogging downstairs, trying to beat Connor to the door. Which didn't work out well, because Connor had already opened it.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Connor exclaimed in your face.

"Uh, hey Connor." You chuckled. "Toby told me to come over... Is he here?" You asked, awkwardly grabbing at your jacket sleeve.

"He told you to come over, huh?" Connor questioned, perking a brow. You watched as the older blonde-haired boy peaked over his shoulder, and you could only guess Toby was behind him.

"Ooh la la." Connor teased.

"Shut up, bro." Toby growled, pushing Connor away from the door. You listened as Connor chuckled, and it slowly began to fade.

"Sorry." Toby sighed, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"What was that about?" You asked, slowly stepping into the house. Toby closed the door, leaning on it while you turned to face him.

"He thinks I like you." Toby blurted, his eyes growing wide as soon as he said it. "W-Well I do like you. I mean, not, like, like, you, because that would be weird. Because you're my best girl friend- I don't mean girlfriend, I mean, like, girl friend. I uh-"

"Toby." You interrupted, giggling. "I get it."

Toby's cheeks flushed red as he continued to look at you. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course." You say instantly. "Anything."

"What would you say if I told you I liked you? I mean, I don't like you. But, if I did," His cheeks turned red again. "What would you do?"

You shrugged. "I would probably be very happy, you know? Because, I kind of like you to."

Toby's eyes grew wide. "You like me?"

"Maybe." You said simply, rolling back and forth on your heels. "Guess we won't ever really know. Because, you don't like me."

Oh, Toby was trying. He was trying so hard not to show his feelings about you. But you could tell. His intense blushing, his use of words... You felt guilty for making him be all nervous like he was, but in all honesty, it was adorable.

You spun around, starting to head towards his room, where you now knew where it was from memory, considering you come over constantly.

Toby grapped your wrist, spinning you around. "So you would be happy if I told you I liked you? You wouldn't hate me?"

"Hate you? Toby, why would I hate you?"

He shrugged nervously. "I dont know."

"Well, yeah. I wouldn't hate you. I would be happy." You told him, restating his question.

Toby stayed silent for a few long heartbeats. "(Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

"I like you."

Your lips formed a smile, and you continued to gaze up at red-faced Toby.

"I like you too, Toby." You giggled.

"And you're happy?" He asked.

"Very."

"(Y/N)," Toby said nervously. "Can I kiss you?"

Without waiting for a response, Toby grabbed your waist and pulled you into him, pressing his soft lips to yours. All his nervousness seemed to disappear into thin air. You smiled under the kiss, and happily kissed him back.

"Yeah, there you go Toby!" You could hear Connor shout from the side, though neither of you broke the kiss. "Took you like, five years." He joked again.