Riley McDonough Imagine

What did you say?

"Riley, get off me!" You grunted pushing your playful best friend away from you. You were busy with some school work. Yes, you took online school. As did Riley. But you always wrote down notes and problems you would try to figure out in your own time. Riley had come over to do the same, but had given up and hour ago, and just bugged you like the silly little pest he was.

"Can't you take a break for a little while,  (Y/N)? We've been working for hours!" Riley exclaimed, looking at up with a pouty face.

"Actually, no. We've been at it for one and-a-half hours. To be more descriptive, you've only been working for thirty minutes." You told him as he placed his chin on your shoulder, still looking at you.

He jumped up when you were done talking.

"Wow! That sounded all fancy and math like!" He blurted, pushing the notebook out of your hands. "Now can we go do something?"

"Riley," You groaned, picking your notebook off the floor. You leaned back into the couch, and before you could place the notebook back on your lap, Riley put his head there.

"You know, sometimes you really annoy me." You told him, pushing gently on his shoulder. But he didn't budge.

"Sure," He muttered. "But you still love me."

"Yeah, whatever." You mumbled. "Let me study now, will you?"

"Come on, just take like a five minute break." Riley insisted, looking up at you with his chocolate brown eyes, his head still resting in your lap.

"If I say yes will you get off me?" You asked, letting out a small chuckle as your ran your fingers through his thick, dark brown hair. It was extremely soft.

Riley tapped his chin. "Uh, no. Your lap is very comfy." He lowered his arm.

"Riley, oh my god." You groaned, putting your hand on his cheek and pushing his head very gently. His head shook back and forth on your lap, but he still didn't move.

"This is fun." Riley chucked.

"Not for me, no." You murmured, your lips slowly forming into a smile. "You're such a dork."

"Now, that's not a way to treat a guy that's crushing on you, is it?" Riley asked, raising a brow.

You looked at him, your eyes wide. "What did you say?"

Riley looked at you, confused. "I said, " that's not a way to treat your best friend"."

"Riley, you didn't say that." You said softly.

"Pfft," He laughed. "(Y/N), I think I would know, what I said."

"Clearly you don't." You muttered, half aloud, and half to yourself. "You said you were crushing on me, Ri." You told him.

He rolled his eyes. "Why would I have a crush on my best friend?" He poked your stomach. "Think, silly."

"Oh." You uttered out gently.

"Honestly, I don't know why, I do. But I do. I wonder if that's a bad thing, you know?" Riley questioned, your eyes growing wide once again as he went on. "Because, I've liked you for over a year now. And when I left on tour that one time, I didn't think I would be that heart broken to leave you, because I knew I was coming back, you know? But, like, I was heart broken. That's when I knew I really, really did love my best friend."

He sat up, finally getting off your lap. You starred at him, not being able to say a word. Riley had just completely told you how he felt about you. And really, it looked as if he has no idea.

"So, at this point, I ask myself, what now?" Riley continued, his body still close to your own. "And then, I realize that I just told you everything, so why not risk it all, yeah?" He shrugged.

Riley leaned in quickly, and before you could realize, his lips were on yours. You were in shock. Complete, and utter shock. Your best friend was kissing you.

And you liked it.

Slowly, but surely, you kissed back, and felt Riley's soft lips that you were still kissing, form into a smile. After seconds of kissing, Riley broke it. And really, you were upset about it.

His face still very close to yours, his smile grew even wider. When you still said nothing, he reached over you and grabbed your notes.

"Shall we continue studying?" He asked.

"Riley--" You blurted, surprising yourself.

"Yeah?"

"We just kissed."

"I know." He said casually. "It was amazing. Something I've wanted to do for a while, you know."

"Why are you so calm about this?"

His smile disappeared instantly, and he frowned. "I'm not, honestly. I'm scared that I just ruined our friendship." He bit his lip. "Trying to act like I don't mind so if you hate me afterwards, it won't look like it hurt as much."

You starred at him.

"Riley, I don't hate you."

"Yeah?"

"No. I-" You took in a breath. "You like me?"

He nodded quickly. "I have for longer than  a year. I told you."

"Why did you never say anything?" You muttered.

"I was nervous."

You smiled, looking down at your lap, trying not to imagine his head there again, looking up at you with his soft brown eyes.

"(Y/N)?" Riley murmured.

"Uh, yeah?" You stuttered.

"I love you." He blurted.

You looked back at him, your eyes growing wide for like the tenth time.

He leaned forward, cupping your face in his large hands. "I love you." Riley repeated, as if you didn't hear the first time. "This is going to sound real cheesy,

(Y/N), but I like you, I love you, I love you."

You giggled.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

You hesitated, though you already knew the answer. You gazed at his soft looking lip, which you now knew they felt soft as well. You gazed at the few freckles he had around his face. You gazed at his dark hair, and you gazed at his perfect brown eyes.

"Yes." You murmured. "Yes, I will be your girlfriend."

Riley's eyes lit up as he pressed his lips to yours again. You kissed back instantly. The kiss didn't last as long as the other did, though. When Riley broke away, you watched as he put his head back into your lap. He looked up at you, smirking.

"Now, instead of doing this as your best friend, I can do it as your boyfriend."

You rolled your eyes, running your fingers through his hair once again. "You're a dork."

"Yes, but now, I'm your dork."