To See The Stars

lowkey messy hope yall dont mind

He still thinks about it. It was a memorable, cherishable night.

"Careful there," he warned while carefully pulling her up on the hill. Tonight was one of the very few nights when they could ever be only in each other's company. Other days are spent keeping up with their responsibilities and keeping their forbidden relationship hidden from his parents.

After all, she was just a common maid and he was the all mighty prince and the future of the kingdom. If anyone caught them together having an affair, her head would've been gone right at that moment. They knew it was risky but they believed love is above all.

"Thank the heavens mother is being distracted by King Bob of the West. He's quite a chatty one." Jellal laughed.

"I always find it impressive whenever someone actually manages to cut a conversation with him." Erza giggled. She recalled the many times she has stood by the walls of the ballroom observing everyone avoiding the talkative king. She felt bad for him, but she also would've most likely avoided him if given the chance to even be near him.

"You know, Jellal. . . we came up here to watch the stars. You may stop now." She said, referring to him staring at her whilst not taking her own eyes off of the starry sky.

"The stars may be a wonderful sight, but I find staring at you much more enjoyable. He grinned.

"Sometimes I fear that you might not be able to keep your cheesy lines to yourself when we're in the public eye," she said with a grin of her own.

He knew she was only joking, but he wished he could tell her his cheesy lines all the time; whether in private or public. Maybe if everyone weren't so close-minded or cared about titles and hierarchy statuses.

"I know what you're thinking." She rested her head on his shoulder. "There's nothing we can do about it."

"I know."

"The stars are really beautiful tonight, though," Erza commented to change the subject. "I can't remember the last time I was ever free enough to actually watch the stars like this."

"I'll always take you to see the stars, whenever you desire. I promise"

"I know."

It was the last time he ever took her to see the stars. He could never bring himself to forget it. Nor to forgive himself for not keeping his promise and not listening to her. Maybe in another lifetime, they could watch the stars again. Without a fear.

-------
i had a happy ending written already tbh but it was kinda incomplete and i hated how cheesy it was sorry </3