"I'm not ready to discuss that," Adira pleads back. "I don't know when —or if— I even will be."

"Okay, baby, I understand," Klayton murmurs to her. I can hear the mattress of their bed slightly squeak, signaling they had gotten closer on the bed. I wish I could turn my ears off, especially during such an intimate moment. Was it fate that I was the only one awake to hear such a conversation?

"I just don't want you to keep such a traumatic event to yourself. I can't imagine what you've been through..." Klayton says to her. I hear the bed squeak again as they move around.

"I know of at least one another person who can," Adira says pointedly. A soft growl, accompanied by a scoff resonates after. They were talking about me.

"I want them dead, Adira. Losing you was the hardest thing I've ever done and I would soon rather face death than go through something like that again. It's not something I would ever wish upon any mate," Klayton snaps.

"The same thing would happen to Paxton, then. And Embry!" Adira hisses back to her mate. These two were so hot and cold; the perfect match. Klayton responds to her words with a soft snarl, knowing her words are true. "I'm back now, aren't I?"

"But are you?" He demands, a sort of sadness coming from his voice. He's breaking. "Because I'm sitting in this room, holding my beautiful mate and caressing her, and she doesn't seem to be here. Not fully."

"I'm not supposed to be back, Klayton."

"What do you mean? You weren't supposed to be dead, either Adira. You were meant to be my wife for as long as we live — have children, be the great Moon Goddess you've worked so hard for. These past few months have been fucking agony!"

"Agony?" Adira echoes and I hear her slightly trembling voice through the wall. "I love you Klayton, so much. We've both been through hell and back, and I would just not like to discuss it any further. In fact, let's just take our minds off of it."

"I-I can't," Klayton's voice falters. "I don't want to not talk. I don't ever want to be away from you ever again. I want you in my arms forever."

"You may have me in anyway you'd like," Adira's voice rings lowly and a sexual promise is tied to her words.

I slam my eyes shut, praying my ears would stop as well; wishing that the room Paxton and I had been given, was not adjoining Klayton and Adira's. They obviously had things to attend to.

At the sound of a quiet moan, I swiftly rise from Paxton's warm body. I can't be here for this, and I should have left as soon as I heard them speaking. My sudden departure makes Paxton jump from the chair, his eyes alert and his body tense.

"Is everything okay?" Paxton asks, rubbing his hands over his face quickly to wake himself up. In seconds, he was awake. Always ready; like a true warrior.

I didn't know how to explain to him that I had been eavesdropping on Klayton and Adira, so instead I just brought my hand up to my ear to signal 'listen'. Paxton scrunches his nose up in confusion, however his neck slightly cranes as his werewolf hearing specifically tunes in to what is around us. Instantly my mates face heats up and he starts to stalk towards me, a smirk playing on the side of his mouth.

"Well then," he says. He interlocks his fingers with mine, lightly pulling me out of the room with him. I couldn't be more thankful to be out of there right now. "That is most definitely something we don't need to listen to."

"I guess they're just making up for lost time," I shrug. "I get it. Some people express themselves best sexually, some prefer to talk things over. The best is when you have both of those things in a relationship."

This makes Paxton's head turn towards me quizzically, but he nods nonetheless. "You're right."

We walk hand-in-hand through Ashton's home. It felt so big, and empty. It didn't feel like home.

I missed being with the pack.

"What's going to happen now? We brought Adira back, and for now Klayton isn't able to kill my sister or I."

Paxton stops walking, as we reach a familiar destination, and he opens the door for me. We were back in the rose garden, I think with a slight awe. This greenhouse was so beautiful, as roses and vines crawled up and down all the sides of the room. Breathing in, the air felt so fresh and crisp. I loved being in here.

"We will be returning to my pack, where you will be named Luna of the North Redridge Mountains Territory," Paxton says as he gently picks a rose from beside us. He hands it to me, and pulls the few strands of hair around my face behind my ear lovingly. "You're the strongest woman I know. You will be an excellent Luna... and one day, if you would, a phenomenal wife and mother."

"Thank you," I whisper back hoarsely. The pack would have to know who I am, as there was so much drama surrounding it the last time I had been there. But it was my home, where I was meant to be.

Beside my mate.

"You're beautiful Theia. Inside and out," Paxton whispers back to me as his eyes scan my face. "I will want you until my very last breath."

"Then have me," I softly say. The words were like a soft caress as one of his hands go behind my neck and bring my own lips onto his. I close my eyes as his soft lips touch my own, and I feel his tongue against me — almost asking for permission. I eagerly allow it, encircling my arms around his neck as I stand on my tippy toes to match the intensity of our passionate kisses.

One of his hands rests of my hips, pulling my body tightly into his own. The rose was tightly gripped in my hand, and I drop it with a slight gasp as Paxton starts moving his lips against my neck.

My eyes close as I tremor with pleasure, losing myself in the feeling of being with my soulmate. His smell was intoxicating.

And I couldn't get enough.