48

I've been stuck here for so long I couldn't even tell you what day it is. I can't really remember whaat the sun felt like. What human contact used to feel like. I just remember that I miss it. Lately I've been finding myself getting sick more often. Maybe being in a cold damp cell is the way i die. Though I have to admit . I never thought I'd die like this. I figured I go out like a bad ass.

"You should tell them to take you to a doctor." the man yawned in the cell next to me. A few weeks ago they arrested him and brought him here. Honestly I enjoyed his company. Despite the fact that he talks way too much. He was ok.

"If it's my time it's my time." I coughed. I've made peace with this months ago... or has it been years? I can't even tell anymore. "Pretty sure they forgot about me anyways."

"What did you do to get stuck here anyways? I hear this part of the prison are for it's more dangerous prisoners."

"Why are you here then?" I asked. 

"a little bit of this.. a little bit of that. You still haven't answered my question."

Stubborn one he is. I sighed. "I'm a bad person."

"something tells me theres more to your story." he claimed "Come on. we have nothing but time. Humor me."

At first I wasn't gonna tell him the truth. I figured if he did he wouldn't talk to me anymore. But then I realized he'll leave eventually and I'll just remain here. So why not. "I was gonna kidnap the Jinchuuriki and hand him over to the akatsuki."

"The orphan?"

"Yup."

"Did you do it?"

I took a deep sigh and thought about my answer. I had the time to do it. So many oppertunities presented itself to me and I turned away. "I couldn't. Not when it came down to it. I kept giving myself excuses as to why the time wasn't right."

"And why is that?"

"He reminds me of me when I was young. Granted I had my mother. But, she wasn't much of a mother. She raised me to be a killer and be unapologetic for it. She raised me to just as screwed up as her. But that kid.. idk. I could tell he could have a good life. He has the opportunities I didn't. A sensei who believes in him. A village who protects him. Friends."

"Did he soften your black heart?" he joked.

I laughed "a little bit. But I deserve to be here. "

"What about the Akatsuki? Why would you join something like that?"

"simple old man. I didn't know better. My village isn't so different then the akatsuki members. They were just more welcoming. I didn't know a place like this even existed until I came here."

"You sound like you were extremely sheltered."

"yea well. Some of us arent as fortunate as others. Had I came here before going to the akatsuki I think I would've turned out different."

"What if you tell the hokage you wanna work with them in return for your freedom? You have leverage why not use it?"

I thought of that too. But there's still someone I'm protecting by not doing so. Obito. "They wouldn't trust me. So why bother."

"What did they want with our Jinchuuriki?" 

Ah.. theres goes the million dollar question. "It took you long enough to ask. You can cut the charade old man." I yawned "Pretending not believe that you're actually a prisoner here was exhausting."

" I don't understand." 

"I know who you are. You were sent here to dig out information. I thought they would have more common sense than to bring the Tsuchikage. You could've at least disguised yourself."

"If you knew who I was then why didn't you say anything sooner?" he wondered. Rightfully so too. I wish I had an answer but i don't. I just really didn't feel like it. 

"It's been a while since I was able to talk to someone. I didn't feel like blowing that just yet." I continued to cough.

He walked out of his unlocked cell and watched me curiously. "You could get out of here at anytime? couldn't you?"

yes.. but.."Where would I go?" was all i could say.

He shook his head. "Come on." he pulled my door open.. "We're getting that cough checked."

Puzzled I remained seated "Excuse me? Did you not hear what I said? I tried to kidnap Naruto...Which would have KILLED him..and you're opening my cell..What is wrong with you?"

"I lived long enough to see true evil himself when i was a boy. Madara Uchiha. Now those are eyes you could never forget."

Jeez how old are you?!? 

"Spending the last few weeks here I can comfortably say you miss y/n  You are not evil. But you are hiding something. And we can't figure out what that something is if you die in here."

"You're making a mistake." I said honestly.