55

Óbito continued to cook without saying a word. Or even looking at me for that matter. Not since his stare down. "Can I help" I asked. Hoping to ignite some kind of conversation but instead he set the flame on high and continued to chop onions.

Why am I still here ?! The door was 5 feet away and by the look of things he wouldn't even chase me. So why? I carefully watched as he removed his shirt. He was already sweating from the kitchen heat. His now visibly toned back stared straight in the face and quickly my thoughts went right out the window. I walked over to him. Wrapping my arms around his waist and setting my cheek on his back.

I'm sorry.

I really am sorry so why can't I say it. He stopped cutting the onions and rested his hands on the counter as he hung his head low. Was he going to lose his shit?

He had every right to. After the shit I said to him. And sure enough he did. Lifting his hand and slamming it onto the counter muttering cusses as he placed his thumb in his mouth. I peeked over and noticed blood on the cutting board. "Let me see" I sighed. I grabbed his hand but he quickly pulled away. Going back to his mouth.

"Don't touch me

"Don't touch me." He muttered. Focused on the pan that was over the flame. Dropping some blood free onions inside.  I snatched his hand back and dragged him to the sink shoving his hand under running water. Thoroughly cleaning his large hand. I was so captivated by it and the memories I forgot I was cleaning a wound until he winced in pain by me going over it too roughly. "Sorry" I muttered.

I patted his hand dry and whistled out. "Come here little one" I reached toward the window where a small spider crawled onto my hand. I grabbed his hand back into mine

"I hate spiders." He complained trying to take his hand away

"Will you stop being a baby. We both know spider silk is great for treating wounds. It's helped you before."

He clenched his teeth and looked away. Maybe it was just because I was finally holding his hand. Either way. I'm afraid of what might happen if I stay. I feel myself drowning in regret. This is that same stupid cycle we always go through.

One that I want to end. The toxicity... "we bring out the worst in each other" I said softly. "You know this. So why now. Why confess now when I'm trying to get over you. I was just starting to be ok with out you."

"Sounds like you're already over me." He shot back. I couldn't help but glance back at him. He tried his best to face the other way so I wouldn't have to see his scars.

"I didn't mean it." I blurted.  "I just wanted to hurt you" I pulled the spider from his finger after it quickly bandaged his cut and place him back where I found him.

"Congratulations" he turned away from me.

I laughed. I couldn't help it. "All the years of you being such a fucking tool. Saying the most hurtful shit to me and you can't take a taste of your own medicine. "

"I DONT NEED YOU TELLING ME HOW HIDEOUS I AM!" He shouted quickly getting in my face.  "It's because you... of all people..." oh if looks could kill. His gaze completely broke me. "Tch. Never mind. Eat up." He cut the flame and tossed together a plate of rice beef with peppers and onions into my hand and walks away.

He locked himself in the bedroom. After finishing my food I served up a plate for him and went to his door. "Óbito. Open up. You need to eat too"

Without saying a word he opened the door with blanket and pillow. Pushing past me and jumping under the covers as he laid on the couch.  I walked over to him sitting on the floor now. Slowly moving the blanket out of the way so I can see his face. Pretending to sleep.

It's funny how I wanted him to leave me alone and now that I'm getting the silent treatment I realize it's not what I wanted at all. Not that it was super hard to find out. "Open your mouth. I'll feed you if I have to." He grabbed my wrist stopping the spoon from reaching his lips. He sat higher and looked at me. "I don't get you" he said " you run from me and push away put try to pull me back."

"Don't act like you haven't done the same. I'll admit though. I'm an idiot when it comes to you. I know I should stay away from you. Live a normal life. But..."
He raised an eyebrow "but you're like a drug to me. I get near you and it's like I'm high. It's like when you first woke up after Madara saved you. I become putty every time"

He sighed before yanking me onto the couch with him. Throwing his big arms over me "I feel guilty. I loved Rin so much that even though she and I were only friends it's like loving you is cheating." What an asshole ! I shifted to get up but he tightened his grip. "Let me finish. That's why I've pushed you away. But when you're away it just didn't feel right. Seein you happy with kakuzu made me want to hate you more. Because you were able to move on from me."

"Then why did you come back for me."

"I thought you were dead." He admitted. "That killed me inside. I couldn't tell what hurt me most. Rin or you. But then I caught wind that you spotted. I had to get you. I had to bring you back to me before he took you from me too."

"People like us don't get happy endings óbito." He knew what I was suggesting. He knew it meant that we need to leave each other alone at some point to avoid us from being crushed in the long run.

"I know. So why can't I have this until then?"

"You're supposed to hate me óbito. I called you repulsive." I caressed his cheek. He didn't say anything. Apart of him believes that's how I really felt.

"And I said you were just like your mom." He responded. My eyes widened. "Um no the hell you haven't I think I would remember that you asshole!" He smiled in amusement. Looking down at my lips while licking his.

Self control y/n.. self control. You don't need to ride him till you're both screaming. You don't need to steal his soul and watch as it leaves his body with that sexy face he makes. You don't need to feel his demonic tongue on you. Burning you with each flick.

Oh god.