~ Part 2 ~ | Spiders Take A Beating

~Part 2~ | Spiders Take A Beating

~*~*~*~
**Anybody Have A Map? (Dear Evan Hansen)**
~*~*~*~

"Can we try to have an optimistic outlook, huh?
Can we buck up just enough to see the world won't fall apart?
Maybe this year, we decide
We're not giving up before we've tried
This year, we make a new start"

~Dear Evan Hansen

******

"This is a horrible idea."

  Wu gave an unimpressed look as he gently folded the paper, making each edge crisp and straight before sliding it inside the envelope.

  "What makes you think that people will want to send their children to this deserted place?" The old women continued. Her voice was craggy with age and her face was covered in too many wrinkles to count. But you dare not utter a word against her or she'll hit you with insults sharper than a knife.

  "I appreciate your opinion Mistaké but I will have it vote against your judgement." Wu replied simply, licking the envelope before closing it. "The adults of these children's family may be so desperate to either help or "fix" their children they will probably be signing them up without a second thought."

  "Fools." Mistaké grumbled.

"I would try to argue against that notion but it is a struggle." Wu chuckled. "I want to offer these children a place for them to see who they really are."

Mistaké huffed once more, turning her attentions to the window. "The mailman is here." She announced. We gently picked up his envelopes and tucked one away before taking the others up the courtyard. The mailman panted, out of breath, as he waited for the Headmaster to come to see him.

"Hello." Wu greeted him with a smile as he handed him the letters. The mailman exchanged the envelopes with five others before taking his money and leaving. Muttering about the distance under is breath.

Wu examined the letters, a smile gracing his lips as he saw the return address. "It appears this time I was right, Mistaké." He said, waving the envelope as he gently tucked a finger underneath the tongue and ripped it open.

"To: Master Wu," he read aloud. "Please accept the enrolment of my son, Cole Brookstone into your school."

Mistaké rolled her eyes as Wu found four similar letters. But he paused when he got to the last.

"What is it?" Mistaké read his expression with a raised eyebrow.

Wu took a deep heaving breath before starting to read slowly with a shaking tone. "Dear Wu, I sent you this letter regarding my son, your nephew, Lloyd Garmadon."

******

"Please try and remain positive, Jay." Edna Walker said from the front seat. The woman peered over her wire framed glasses as she glanced at curly haired boy in the review mirror.

He remained silent, resting his head against the arm on the side of the car as he stared sulkily out the window.

"You know, you're one of the first students to go to this school." Ed added, his accent rolling easily with his words. He turned so he could fix his gaze on him. "If you make a real difference maybe they'll put you in the school hall of fame or somethin'."