~ Part 13~ | Wondering

~*~*~*~
** Wondering (Julia Lester and Olivia Rodrigo)**
~*~*~*~

"Seems like a part of me will always have to lose
Every single time I have to choose
Swore that it felt right, but was I wrong?
Is this where I'm supposed to be at all?
I don't have the answers, not today
It's like nothing makes the questions go away
What I'd give to see
If the grass was greener?"

~ High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

This chapter is dedicated to jaywalker42  !!! Thank you for all the amazing support! I really appreciate it!!!

(comment or PM if you'd like a shoutout!)

Also I drew a picture of Lloyd! It isn't the best I thought I'd show it off anyways! XD
******

Kai didn't often feel nervous. Wait, that wasn't true. Every time Cole went into the kitchen he felt nervous. Let's fix that. Kai often felt nervous, specifically when his friend started to make food, but this time he felt more than nervous. He felt downright terrified.

It didn't help that the person he was doing this whole stupid thing with was Jay, who was famous for freaking out. Kai had tried to put a little faith in the freckled boy but as he sat impatiently beside the hyperventilating kid he began to realize why he had such little expectations in the first place.

"This is a terrible idea!" Jay wailed, pacing around in the NGTV's lounge area.

"What do you mean this is a terrible idea?" Kai yelled, glaring at him. "This is your idea!"

"Yeah, well, I changed my mind! It's a free country!" Jay snapped.

"Let's all calm down and take a breather," Nya suggested. "Maybe I should get you two some water?"

Kai huffed and slouched in his seat. "Get some holy water because when this all goes to the departed realm I'm going to be saying some not-so-nice things."

Cole gasped. Lloyd, who had been approaching with a lollipop he had gotten from the receptionist, was suddenly shoved backwards. "We have little ears here, Kai!"

"Aw come on! I censored it! I could've said h-"

"LITTLE EARS!"

"H, E, double hockey sticks." Kai rolled his eyes.

"You mean hell?" Lloyd piped up, licking his lollipop.

A loud shriek sounded from Cole. Lloyd gave the boy a look.  "I know swears exist, Cole. I came from a school for bad boys, remember? Swearing was like another language for them."

Kai narrowed his eyes at him. "Really? What was the worst curse they taught you."

"SHUSSHHHHHH!" Spit flew from Cole's mouth as he slapped a hand over Lloyd's mouth. "That's it! You are a terrible influence!"

Kai shrugged and swatted the index finger jabbed at him away. "I'm not going to deny it."

Nya snickered. "When I was six some kids were laughing and teasing me. I asked Kai what I should do and he said I should flip them off."