~ Part 1~ | Messages

~*~*~*~
**  Now or Never (Julie and the Phantoms) **
~*~*~*~

"Don't look down
'Cause we're still rising
Up right now
And even if we hit the ground
We'll still fly
Keep dreaming like we'll live forever
But live it like it's now or never"

~Julie and the Phantoms

This chapter is dedicated to Chaoscat211 . I love reading your positive comments :) they make me so happy. Thanks for being an awesome possum!

*****

The canister let out a satisfying hiss as he pressed down on the nozzle. The colours stained his fingertips a bright neon green but he didn't care as he carefully created abstract shapes with the spray paint.

The sound of footsteps made his heart skip a beat with a burst of adrenaline. Paint covered cans dropped into his backpack, fingers automatically moving his black hood and pulling it farther over his face.

"HEY!" A man walking by suddenly caught sight of the artist in the alley way.

He couldn't quite make out the kid, but he definitely knew he was there. His gaze slid to the wall by the teenager. Huge graffiti letters were climbing up the brick wall. Reading: Can't Forget Me. The man paused. He recognized that unique graffiti style. His eyes suddenly flew to the small symbol at the bottom.

The Green Ninja.

With a jerk the kid moved from standing perfectly still to snatching up his backpack and bolting. The man cursed and tried to follow, hand grasping the kid's arm. The teen turned, and all he saw was a flash of green as he wrenched his sleeve away, the fabric ripping with a horrible sound before he managed to wiggle out of the man's hold.  In a flash he disappeared into the shadows, weaselling through the tiny gap behind the buildings.

The man just stood there, panting a little as he moved to lean with his hand against the wall. His eyes strayed to where the kid disappeared, unsure what to do now. He glanced at the wall.

"Crap..." the man jerked his hand back.

Wet green spray paint covered his palm.

******

"Oh my god, Cole! How did you manage to ruin toast?!!!" Jay screeched as he threw that totally blackened bread at his friend.

Cole fumbled to catch it, crumbs spraying everywhere. "I didn't ruin it!"

"Cole, it just tastes like soot. Disgusting, burnt, soot." Kai told his friend bluntly as he decided to serve himself some fruit instead.

Zane politely took a bite of the bread, trying and failing to hide his disgusted face as he swallowed the scorched food. Even Nya slipped her toast back into the serving plate stacked full of night black toast.

Cole scowled, slouching in his chair, but he accepted the replacement food handed to him without complaint. He glanced up as he dug his fork into the sausages, his gaze landing on the headmaster.