~ Part 2 ~ | Taking The City

~*~*~*~

** City Song (Grace VanderWaal)**

~*~*~*~

"Fresh laid concrete
Melodies blowing
Don't care where we're going
But the day is wasting
Just keep moving
And take it all in"

~ Grace VanderWaal

This chapter is dedicated to RubyRed883 . I swear you've read so many of my books and I really appreciate all the awesome comments and support you give! <3

******

"PACK UP, WE'RE GOING TO THE CITY!"

Kai startled, his body jerking in surprise as the previously locked dorm somehow was broken into and loud, obnoxious, moron that came barging in.

"I hate you." Kai grumbled, laying back down and rolling over.

Zane yawned from his bed, blinking curiously at his classmates. Cole, who wasn't exactly the most early riser, looked unusually bright and happy as he marched to where Kai was buried in a bundle of blankets. He made the strongly unadvised decision to yank the comforter off of the angry teenager.

"UGH!" Kai groaned as Cole practically rolled him over while he clung to the blankets. "I'm up, I'm up...."

"Can someone tell me why a sugar-high Jay is bouncing outside my door?" Nya mumbled groggily, still in her pyjamas as she pattered in. The kangaroo of a child bounded behind her.

"Master Wu just gave me the 'okay' for a little road trip!" Cole said proudly, tossing Kai his hoodie as the brunette rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"What do you mean by this... 'road trip'" Zane's face scrunched into a puzzled expression.

Jay inspected Zane's perfectly organized closet with interest. "We're driving out to the big city to show you all our favourite places!"

Zane blinked. "Why?"

"Yeah- why?" Kai echoed as he squirted copious amounts of hair gel into his hand.

Cole ignored the second boy and turned to Zane. "Exploring Ninjago City is among my favourite memories." He told Zane. "I want to create some good memories for you too there."

Zane's eyes widened in surprise before softening with gratitude. "Thank you, Cole."

Kai simply snorted as he tied his shoe. "Just wait until you take a whiff of the crisp air filled with gasoline and cigarette smoke."

****

"How are we going to get there in that?" Jay wrinkled his nose at the rough looking car Wu had stored behind the school. It was hard to say when updated back to because it was covered in chipped paint and rust.

"She still has some energy in her!" Cole told his skeptical peers, patting the cars hood.

There was a clatter as the license plate fell off.