Season 1: Chapter 24

Magsimula sa umpisa

Frankly, I do not believe what he all says is true. I know he also hates her even if he denies it. After all, he has a suspicion that the current queen killed her mother. That is not wrong because it was a fact that was covered. Alam ko na sa oras na nakahanap siya ng ebidenisya na iyon ay ginawa ng reyna ay ang simula ng digmaan sa pagitan niya at ng kanyang kapatid. Isa pa, hindi niya gusto ang reyna dahil pinatay nito ang kanyang ina ngunit dahil sa rason na patuloy nito na pinapapatay siya.

Kinagat ko ang aking labi.

I wonder if I can manage to stay alive until the end.

"Bakit mo naman nasabi, mahal na prinsipe?" I innocently asked.

"Because I know, of course. She always ignore and glare at me with daggers whenever our paths crosses. I know she despises me because she does see me as a nuisance to the throne. Her---wait, why I am telling you this?" He growled like a puppy. Napahagikigik lamang ako sa kanyang reaksiyon.

Adorable.

"Dahil tinanong ko."

"T-That is not it!" His cheeks reddened and his voice raised. He scoffed. "Forget what I said just now. Especially, you are under her. You are going to report what I said, am I not right?" He smirked.

What does he think of me? The queen's dog?

"Bakit ko naman iyon sasabihin?" I sighed. He just eyed at me. "Just think of it as a favor of your friend." I gave him wide smile, emphasizing us being close with each other.

"Friend? Since when?" Kumunot ang kanyang noo.

"It seems like I was wrong. Why do I assume some unprecedented things when I am with Your Highness?" Napahawak ako sa aking mukha. I avoided his eyes but I saw how he stiffened through my peripheral view. Ramdam ko ang tingin sa akin ni Kerui ngunit hindi ko ito pinansin.

"W-Why would I know?" He stuttered.

"That is right." I nodded. My hand went to my lips. "Oh, I know. Why not come to the White Palace sometimes? It is a step for us to become closer." Ngisi ko.

"Huh?"

"Please do not worry about rumors. Let us just fend them off by saying that you are soon to be my brother-in-law and that there is nothing wrong with it at all." I shrugged my shoulders.

It was actually just to annoy him. If he really comes, it would cause an uproar and may turn the royal family upside-down. And I doubt he will really come just to visit me, that is not possible.

"Who decided that? Why would I even become closer to you?" Asik niya at umirap.

"Because I will soon be your sister-in-law." Suminghal siya sa aking sagot.

"Are you sure about that?" The side of his lips rose. He is giving me an annoying look. It was as if he is sure that it will not happen. I mentally smirked.

So that it is, he is planning to have Heiden's head rolling soon. I, a duke of a daughter, being his sister-in-law will not be happening, huh?

"What do you mean, Your Highness?"

"Gaano ka naman na kasigurado na mapapangasawa mo si Heiden? You might just be dead before that." Sumingkit ang kanyang mga mata.

Surely, he knows what he is saying to me right now. He is clearly telling me to know my place. Even advising me his foretold future.

"That will not happen." I tucked my hair in my ear.

He really is a villain. Though what he just showed in a bit was just a little side of him.