"The Alpha can be intimidating. However, he is a good leader. He does right by everyone. He's kind and he's forgiving," Kaj says with a small smile. "He's even attractive," he adds causing me to cut my eyes to him. 

"He is." Jakob rises from the floor and dusts off his pants. "He definitely is." 

I roll my eyes at this trying to stomp down my possessive tendencies over him.  

"Too bad he has baggage," Kaj says.

"Good and bad," Jakob noted. "Cute kid, though." 

My mouth falls open, confused at this point. Kid? He has a child? He couldn't have possibly... Dani instantly pops into mind making me crunch down on my lip hard.

"A child... " I mumble.

"You haven't seen him?" Kaj asks me. 

"He's really outspoken. That one," Jakob says with some amusement causing Kaj to shake his head. 

"We should probably stop talking about this before he hears us." 

"Yeah."

I look to Kaj then Jakob as my heart pounds out of my chest. Is this the real reason why he has been so distant and cold towards me? He has a family now and, somehow, I'm imposing? I shake my head at this. That can't be possible. I can't accept that. It matters little to me if he has actually fathered a child. Lance is my mate and that child is a part of him. I can raise the child as my own, I reason cooling my rising temperature along with my heart.

I hear the bed squeak and footsteps. After a couple of seconds, all three of us stare as we watch Dani leave out of his room with red eyes. Her eyes fall on me before they cut down to the hallway. I look at the shut door as Kaj and Jacob look at one another. 

"She's definitely Luna material. I don't understand why he doesn't just— " Jakob says just before I cut him off.

"Enough," I growl. 

 After thirty or so minutes pass, I pace around the door as Kaj and Jakob had been doing before. An hour passed then two. They watched me pace until they were fast asleep. Without knocking, I walk in and shut the door, locking it as well.

I take a look around his room and notice it's, surprisingly, neat. His bed is a large king size with a sheer creme canopy covering the outside. My eyes fall to his walls. They are a light creme color as well with maroon and gold linings brimming around the sides. He has no pictures or portraits, only a necklace. I walk a little closer until I realize it's the very necklace I made him so many years ago. The blues and cremes of this necklace matched the colors of his eyes and complements his skin... It's why I chose those colors.

Lance comes out the conjoining room. As soon as he puts the shirt over his head, he freezes in place and just stares at me. He blinks a couple times before getting himself together again. 

"What are you— "

"Lance... "

His eyes lower causing mine to lower as well. I notice his hands becoming a little shaky and his body posture stiffening. Yet, the all too familiar scent of lust and want comes wafting towards me. I bite down on my lip resisting the urge to touch him. However, my feet takes me a little closer to him until I'm a few steps away from him.

 "I missed you." He shakes his head at this. 

"Get out." 

I was more than ready for a response like that. His first words to me would be that.

"Out," he says pointing towards the door as he notices I'm not moving. 

"I'm not leaving."

"You never found it hard to do before!"