[12]

It daunted me, at first, Lance only wanting me for a reason I thought would never come to pass. I press a thumb to my lips and absently spread it across imagining the feel of his lips on mine. I remember the feel of his soft hands holding my sides as his fingers lifted my shirt up. I touch my cheeks realizing just hot I became just by reimagining to feel of him. Everything was as it was before, but it was different. His familiar hands, lips, and smile.

"Seth."

My head rises at the voice.

"Although Lance is reluctant to say it, he is thankful as we all are."

"I didn't do much. Your thanks or anyone else's isn't needed."

I dust off my pants and rise, but Yorin puts a hand up stopping me in my tracks.

"He does that often."

"Does what?"

"Push people away. Acts as if he has everything under control. His pack had done something terrible to him and you... you had hurt him. Badly."

"I know this. I know all of this already, and I'm trying my best to make it right, but he doesn't want that."

"I am sure he does." Yorin strokes his beard in thought as he looks away from me.

"He doesn't. He wants me for--" I stop myself as my cheeks flushed. Why would I ever say that aloud?

"Sex?" Yorin finishes.

I don't even bother to make eye contact. This man doesn't have an ounce of tact in his body. Why would I think he could have any in the first place? "Well, yes, he is an Alpha... and he has wants and... needs as anyone else."

"I do not want to be used for that purpose then thrown away like some kind of chew toy he had grown bored with."

"He is not like that."

"I do not know what he is like anymore," I admit. "I thought I had known him. I had thought he hadn't changed and he was still the same man I had fallen in love with nearly four years ago, but I've come to discover he isn't."

"What did you expect?" Yorin growls getting defensive. "Did you expect him to wrap you up in his arms and tell you, you are the only one for him and to dote on you and make you his world again?"

I close my eyes.

"It doesn't work like that."

"I know it doesn't," I mumble.

"And he has far more important things to worry about than an old flame. You know this."

"Yes, I do."

Yorin grabs my arm and turns me in his direction forcing me to look at him.

"Give him what he wants."

"Yorin—"

"Give him what he wants, Seth. I said I would help you in this, so listen to my words. Give in to him just this once and you'll see... "

"So you want me to whore myself out?" Yorin looks likes he wants to slap me, but he sucks on the inside of his cheek and sighs out. "I did that many times, many years ago and I will not do it again. No, not if there is not love there."

"Ah, so you loved the person you were with before?" Yorin smugly states causing my eyes to widen. "Must have loved him quite a bit with that mark all shiny there on your neck."

I cover it with my hand and narrow my eyes at him. "I would watch my words if I were you."

He threw a hand up in the air shooing the idea away entirely. "No need to mince words with you. Let us speak plainly."