ch. 4

Chapter Four;;- Media

The next morning, press swarmed the schools. They mobbed in front of the doors, so the students struggled to squirm passed them. As soon as they would break free from the crowd, the reporters would stick microphones in their faces and hound them with questions. 

This was already the second day they had done this. The day prior [name] didn't have to deal with it, since she had come early. When [name] arrived today, her first reaction was to turn around and leave. Remembering that this was her job and she would get in trouble for just leaving. So instead, she carefully slipped through the path that Bakugou had carved through. 

She got to the front, noticing that Aizawa was already working on shooing the press away. [name] heard her hero name thrown around a couple times, but All Might remained the big topic. 

[name] hadn't been noticed yet, so she turned away and started towards the school. She should have known she wouldn't be too lucky, since as soon as she did that, a reporter called out her name. 

"Pathogen!" When they noticed [name] freeze in her tracks, the reporter must have assumed they were right. "Was yours and All Might's coming to Yuuei at the same time a coincidence?" 

As the other members of the press also realized that was [name], a fresh wave of noise went over the group, shouting their questions to her. 

[name] couldn't bring herself to turn around. She already didn't like dealing with the press, especially not when they're as rowdy as today. Aizawa, who had already been making his way back inside, veered towards her. 

He frowned at [name] when he got close, quirking an eyebrow at the nervous look on her face. He grabbed her by the bicep, pulling her forward so that she wasn't rooted to the spot anymore. 

Just as they both started to walk again, the barrier slammed shut behind them. 

The churning feeling in [name]'s stomach disappeared now that the noise had quieted down and the press weren't able to get to her. She gently shook Aizawa's hand off and smiled sheepishly at him. "Thanks." They entered the building together. "I'm not too good with the press." 

He looked over, his usual unimpressed face replaced by one of slight intrigue. "Why did you chose to step into the hero industry then?" 

[name]'s smile faltered. "I used to be an underground hero, actually, but it didn't work out too well for me. Plus, young girls can always use more role models." 

This was new information to Aizawa. [name] did avoid the media, that much he knew to be true, since there was actually very little that the public seemed to know about her. He'd never been very interested in knowing everything about his fellow heroes, but it was sort of rare to find underground heroes these days, especially since so many heroes were really interested in the fame. 

He only shrugged in response, which he wasn't actually sure if [name] saw it or just decided there was nothing to respond to there, but the conversation died and they finished their walk to the classroom together in silence. 

The students quieted down as soon as they heard the door open, falling into their seats and turning their attention to Aizawa, who had dropped a stack of papers onto the podium. 

"Good work with yesterday's battle training. I've looked over your grades and evaluations," He said as soon as the last person stopped talking. "Bakugou: Grow up already. Stop wasting your talent." 

[name] eyed the boy in question as Aizawa spoke to Midoriya about his controlling his quirk. Bakugou was glaring at his desk, jaw clenched. He didn't look angry at the criticism, but more at himself. [name] recalled what All Might had said about Bakugou and Midoriya's personal issues.