2500 HEART SPECIAL

Special Chapter Five;;- O Sleeper

Aizawa awoke with a start, the inside of his eyelids still seared with images from the dream he wished not to go back to. He sat up in bed and rubbed at his eyes. The blankets pooled around his waist, settling in motionless puddles on the bed. Everything was silent, save for the soft sound of breathing from the body beside him.

Knowing she was asleep came with confidence, and he stole a glance at [name]. A soft streak of moonlight from the window illuminated a stripe of her sleeping face, a line of silver that made her skin glow almost ethereally. Aizawa suddenly felt compelled to remember this moment, to remember the contours of her face under the subtle, misty hues of the moon.

[name] was facing him, her lips slightly parted but everything else seemed closed away, like the way the crocus closes its petals for the night. A thread of hair gave in to gravity, fluttering down into her face. He watched as her face scrunched at the intrusion, hesitant to disturb the scene. But still, he did, gently tucking the strand back behind her ear.

She shifted in her slumber, the ray that had penetrated the blinds caught across her eyelids. [name]'s eyebrows furrowed, displeased, and unconsciously, she turned her back her back to Aizawa.

On her bare back, the light accentuated the ridges of spine, light bumps where the bones were prominent. Softly, he traced his fingertip along the line, watching bemusedly when her shoulders shook with shudder from the sensation. But he wouldn't torment his sleeping lover any more. Instead, he brushed the hair, as bedheaded and messy as it was, over her shoulder, and pressed a gentle kiss to the nape of her neck.

"Sleep well, love," he murmured into her skin. And this time, when he laid back down and closed his eyes, he feel back into a peaceful slumber himself. He dreamed of moonlight on beautiful faces and being beside the one he loved.

a/n:

anyway. this chapter was entirely inspired by first verse. the song itself is obviously entirely biblical symbolism but shh.