ch. 28

Chapter Twenty Eight;;- Villians... Again.

Once dinner was finished, eaten, and cleaned up, the Pussycats and the teachers gathered all the students for at the entrance to the forest.

"Bellies are filled and plates are cleaned!" Pixie-Bob exclaimed, clearly as excited at the students were.

Ashido cheered. "The test of courage!" She yelled, grinning with excitement.

"Sorry to break it to you remedial group," Aizawa started, Ashido's face already falling. "You've got your extra lessons with [surname]."

"No way!" She whined, wriggling as Aizawa wrapped them in his capture weapon.

He handed the part of his scarf that was wrapped around them to [name]. "And I'll still be nearby."

"I know, I know, you told me already," [name] teased, taking the scarf from him. She paused then, looking at the scarf in her hands. "You won't need this?"

Aizawa shrugged. "How much trouble could they possibly get in with five adults here?" He asked rhetorically, turning away to return to the Pussycats, who were already explaining what was happening.

[name] nodded. "I don't know, I think you underestimate our idiots-- I mean students." She laughed lightly when she heard someone that was tied up in the scarf complain. "But if you say so, I'll trust your judgement. I'll be off."

As they took the path by the forest to the classroom, she heard Ashido whine, "We wanted to try the test of courage too..."

"If this is the carrot-and-stick approach, then where's our carrot?" Kirishima added, referring to something that one of the Pussycats had mentioned earlier.

Kaminari hung his head. "Forget the carrot, we'd even take celery at this point, [surname]-sensei..."

[name] glanced back, confused. "What's wrong with celery? I think it's pretty good..." She led them into the building. "Today's lesson will be drilling you on what to do in emergency situations. If you're not aware of how much you're falling behind the others, it will make it worse, so I'm gonna take the easy route out and say that this is your carrot."

"At least you acknowledged that that is the easy way out..," Kirishima muttered as [name] began to gently unwrap the scarf from around them (since she didn't know how to control it like Aizawa did). "Such a bitter carrot though."

With everyone untied, [name] wrapped the scarf around her forearm so that she would remember to give it back to Aizawa when she saw him again. The five from 1-A and the one from 1-B talked among themselves as [name] went to talk to Vlad.

"Pathogen. Eraser told me that you would be filling in for him tonight," Vlad greeted, hands on his hips.

[name] smiled and gave him a small wave. "He told me he wanted to add a practical portion to this lesson, are you down for that?"

Vlad crossed his arms over his chest. "Don't have to ask me twice! I was thinking something along the same lines anyway." He opened his mouth, probably to suggest something for the practical part that they could make up on the spot, but was interrupted by a voice that rang through their minds.

"Everyone!" It was feminine and familiar... Mandalay's telepath quirk?

The students said that same thing that [name] was thinking, adding their own input on the situation until Vlad told them to shush.

"We're under attack by two villains and there might be more out there! All of those who can should get to the camp at once! If you encounter an enemy, don't engage, just retreat!" Mandalay urged over her quirk, then she was quiet.