ch. 37

Chapter Thirty Seven;;- Super Moves

"As I told you all yesterday, our first priority is to acquire provisional licenses." With everyone settled into the dorms, it was time for life to go on as usual as possible. As such, Aizawa and [name] were here with the class, talking about hero stuff. "Hero licenses are a serious responsibility. They are directly concerned with the matters of life and death. As such, the exam to receive qualification is very hard. Even the average yearly passing rate for just the provisional license exam is about 50%."

Aizawa's words seemed to discourage the students. There were a few worried exclamations at the information, but he paid no mind.

"Starting today, each one of you will be devising at least two new super moves," He finished. The students seemed to forget entirely about the concerns they just had as they lit up with excitement.

It is ridiculously difficult to round up the kids and get them all changed and in the gym, and it takes about half an hour.

"Welcome to Gamma Gym, or as it's more commonly known, TDL. This is my personal facility; I can fashion whatever terrain or objects I believe best suit each individual student," Cementoss explained, showing them by creating a small tower with his quirk.

Iida raised his hand violently (which [name] didn't really think was possible, but somehow he proved her wrong). "I have a question! Why is it that super moves are necessary for us to obtain provisional licenses? I respectfully implore you to let us hear the whole plan!"

[name] really would be lying if she said she didn't find Iida hilarious. He was gung-ho, and she admired that, but he was a little goofy about it. His personality was one that she knew she would never have gotten along with in the past, but she genuinely kind of enjoyed now.

Although, [name] had to agree with Iida here. She didn't get her license in Japan and was completely unfamiliar with their process of testing. Since in the states, you had to be 21 to obtain a hero license, she was sure that a test 15 year olds were allowed to take had to be completely different.

Aizawa mumbled something about taking it easy to Iida. "Whether they encounter incidents criminal or accidental, disaster natural or manmade, it's a hero's job to rescue people from all kinds of peril. The exam for the license will, of course, be judging your aptitude. Insight, agility, judgement, fighting prowess, along with other criteria such as communication skill, charm, and leadership ability... The exam will test your aptitude at many of these skills, as its contents change every year."

"But within that paradigm, the item that will receive far and away the most emphasis for upcoming heroes is fighting prowess," Midnight chimed in. "So if you prepare for that, you won't have any cause for concern! Just keep in mind that having moved for battle greatly influences how likely it is to pass."

Cementoss held up a finger matter-of-factly. "If you can resist getting caught up in the sway of a situation and maintain stability on the field, then you'll be in possession of a high-level fighting prowess."

"And there's no reason that your super move has to be offensive in nature, though," Ectoplasm added. "For example, Iida's Recipro Burst. A temporary extreme speed boost is a threat in itself, and as such is worth enough for the title of 'super move.'"

Iida looked on cloud nine about the praise. Satou gave him a weird glance, murmuring, "So we just need to think of a move that'd make us go 'all I need is to use it and then I've got the edge.'"

Midnight gave a thumbs up. "Yep. Remember how Kamui Woods made his dynamic entrance the other day? Lacquer Prison is a fine example of a super move, and it's not hard to see why either."