ch. 45

Chapter Forty Five;;- Elmer

Time didn't wait for anyone, including the emotionally confused. Somehow, it marched on.

[name] never opened the letter, despite Aizawa's gentle encouragement, and instead kept it shoved deep in her dresser drawer. Occasionally, she would remember it and feel a pit in her stomach, but most of the time she pushed the thought away. If she pretended nothing happened, life would return to the same as before, right?

God, how fuckin' wrong she could be.

Life continued. A week passed without hearing from Elijah. While Kayama and Yamada wondered about what happened, Aizawa managed to get them to drop it after a little while (which only fueled the two's rampant suspicions about what might have happened between the 1-A teachers).

Still, [name] began to feel more at ease. It felt comforting for someone else to know her story, even though it was rather unfortunate and dramatic. More-so, she was even more comforted to know it was Aizawa. Sure, she hadn't been that close to him when she first came to Yuuei, but she could now state with confidence, that Aizawa was one of her most treasured friends.

[name] held her hand away from the chalkboard awkwardly as she began to write. She was right-handed, as most people were, but it made it frustratingly difficult to write right-to-left like the Japanese did. The characters began to stretch across the board as she spoke to the class about the responsibilities coming up. The time in front of the class made her mind feel focused on the work instead of lingering on the events of the last few weeks, so Aizawa was understanding and happy enough to let her take over most of the class work for the time being.

"We'll need these papers filled out by the end of--" The door slid open on its tracks, making [name] pause in her words as she tried to recall if someone was not yet present. She thought that all twenty students had been in their seats this morning... She set the chalk down on the lip of the blackboard, turning around to look at the door as it closed behind whoever entered.

It was a man, about half a foot taller than [name] with a proper posture that gave his lean body the illusion of authority and elegance. His hair was [hair color], the same shade as [name]'s, and was cut short. The slightly tousled look of the short locks seemed to be the only thing off in his well-put together appearance. His [skin tone] cheeks were brushed with a pale pink flush, the soft color a stark contrast to the bold color of what perhaps his most unique feature-- his eyes. They were constantly swirling pools of color, as if they were unable to choose a hue to settle on.

Those curious eyes rotated slowly around the room, drinking in the classroom until they finally landed on [name]. The man's lips twisted upwards into a shaky, nervous smile, revealing perfectly straight, white teeth.

[name]'s own eyes, the [eye color] dull in comparison to the rainbow that had been captured in this stranger's, ran over his body, lingering on his impeccably clean and ironed button-up white shirt, creased slacks, his shining shoes, the fancy watch on his wrist. Her chest heaved with a heavy sigh and she shook her head, frowning.

The stranger fiddled with the strap of his leather messenger bag, his fingers repeatedly finding a small pin in the shape of Garfield that had been stuck into it. "[name]..." He finally managed to murmur, breaking the thin film of silence that had stretched over the room.

"God fucking damn it," She spat immediately, not meeting the eyes of the man. [name] turned towards the class and bowed, deeper than they usually saw from her. "I'll be leaving class a few moments early. Please excuse me." Without waiting for any response, she rushed out the door with heavy footsteps. [name] passed the man quickly, angling her body away from him so that he couldn't touch her. She said nothing else as she left the classroom and disappeared from sight.