ch. 38

Chapter Thirty Eight;;- Begin: The Provisional License Exam!

The training to help the students come up with super moves and develop their quirks continued until the last second. The interruption at the training camp threw a real wrench in the plans, but by the time the day came around to take the class to the provisional license exam, [name] felt that they were as ready as they possibly could be.

[name] smiled as she listened to Iida's instructions to get the the class on the bus in an orderly fashion. It reminded her so much of the ride to USJ, even if the actual experience of that was traumatic.

"I think they're ready," Aizawa murmured into his scarf from her side.

Humming in agreement, [name] followed the last of the students onto the bus. "I believe in them. If there's anyone who can, it's these kids."

The bus roared to life once everyone was seated and the driver took off. The students, holding onto the cases with their costumes in them and jittering with nerves, talking among themselves loudly. They seemed in high spirits for how nervous they obviously were.

"And you?" Aizawa shifted himself in his seat so that he could turn and see [name] better. "Are you ready to see how Japan makes its heroes?"

[name] nodded immediately, her excitement showing on her face. "Yeah. I think it'll really help me get a better grip on what the hell I'm supposed to be teaching these guys. There's not a whole lot of teaching resources for heroics, believe it or not," She joked, laughing lightly.

He shrugged, smiling a little at her joke. "You can always ask me or one of the other teachers. Besides All Might, we've all been doing it for a couple of years."

"Yeah, of course." [name] bumped his shoulder with her own lightly. "Thanks, Aizawa."

The drive was uneventful, filled mostly with mindless conversation that consisted almost entirely of small talk and long stretches of silence where they both entertained themselves on their own.

Finally, the bus slowed to a stop in front of a large stadium like building with some stairs leading up to big glass doors. Aizawa shooed everyone off, announcing their arrival at the National Stadium in Takoba, the exam center they would be testing at.

"Man, what'll they have us do for the test... Phew, I hope I can earn a provisional--" Mineta started.

Aizawa interrupted. "Mineta, there is no 'I hope.' Return back here with your provisional," He scolded sternly, then looked out over the gathered group. "Remember, if you can just pass this exam and obtain your provisional license, then you will cease to be just eggs and hatch into chicks... Into semi-pros. So give it your all."

The metaphor was a little bit weird to [name], but it seemed to encourage the students, because they cheered, chanting Yuuei's motto all together.

A big looking boy with Shiketsu's uniform on decided to join in on the chant and they got to talking with him and his group. Apparently, even Aizawa knew the kid, claiming that he had taken the recommendation entrance exam for Yuuei, but declined to enter.

[name], having not been their for the entrance exams at all and not understanding the provisional license exam, felt a little bit excluded. Even despite their nerves, the students all looked like they were having fun meeting the other schools' students. She was happy for them, but standing on the outside of it all felt pretty lonely.

"What's with that look?" Aizawa shoved his hands in his pockets, turning his shoulder to the students to look at [name].

And just like that she was drawn back into the inside.